Ask Ironmind To Include Ccs Closes Or Girls?

ewokhugo

there are very strong girls out there , i think Ironmind could create a list(hall of fame)

ccs #2.5 and #3 (similar with #3 and # 4 for men)

should we sign a petition??

do u agree??

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• superfeemiman

• aquilonian

• shizen

• MalachiMcMullen

Write them and see what they say bro!

jedd: u probably know the answer ...

its obvious a captain of crush woman will be marketable!

i can write alone but i need more people to make the letter worthwhile:-)

Edited by ewokhugo

Write them and lets see the response!!!

i would do a 2 and 2.5 if he did a cert for them when i get to that level, but i think the 3 should stay all in like it is now unless there are going to be the old set rules applied for the womans only cert for it.

i would do a 2 and 2.5 if he did a cert for them when i get to that level, but i think the 3 should stay all in like it is now unless there are going to be the old set rules applied for the womans only cert for it.

I think this is directed towards women only :)

click my name and see what color my icon is :rolleyes

That's not what he meant. He meant that there would be a #3 list for Women only and a #2.5 list as well

That's not what he meant. He meant that there would be a #3 list for Women only and a #2.5 list as well

haha, apparently "oldschoollion" is a girl name Amy :D

haha, apparently "oldschoollion" is a girl name Amy :D
it was from someone saying i looked like a lion when something ticked me off in high school which is also in my family crest, along with being called oldschool after someone at work said i had one liners like his grandma. she must of been fun to be around.

I think a #2.5 would be a massive achievement for a girl, definitely worthy of an IM cert!

I say keep the list as is and maybe add an * or something by the name to denote a woman.

I really hate double standards, and while I appreciate the fact that a #2.5 close is far more impressive and difficult for a woman than it would be for a man I do not think that there should be a seperate list.

I also think it would be kind of a disrespect to have a seperate #3 certed list. I wouldn't like to have my accomplishment listed on a seperate list than the original official list that I aimed for in the first place.

I also don't think the cert rules should be different for women even though their hands are typically smaller. I have a very small friend whose hands have to be sub 7" but the rules for certification should he try and certify require a (impossible for him I believe) credit card set. If a woman ever makes the list I bet her hands will be bigger than his anyway and for her to have seperate easier rules would be an injustice.

Keep the list as it is, same rules, maybe a special mark to denote a woman.

"I really hate double standards, and while I appreciate the fact that a #2.5 close is far more impressive and difficult for a woman than it would be for a man I do not think that there should be a seperate list"

i disagree , if they create 2 list the WOMEN will get MORE recognition!

"I also think it would be kind of a disrespect to have a seperate #3 certed list. I wouldn't like to have my accomplishment listed on a seperate list than the original official list that I aimed for in the first place."

No.

ccs #3 for a woman its much more impressive than for a man.(similar to #4 close for a guy).

why girls font fight guys in the ring?

because the best girl dont have a chance fighting Mike Tyson! its all about testosterone.

There are guys with small hands too, maybe ironmind will create #3 Narrow for this purpose.

i already emailed IRONMIND ... dont know the answer yet:-)

• 1 month later...

no new list for women. If they want to cert let them bust their ass like the rest of us.

how are we supposed to inspire women to try this if we lower the standards for them.

The list is pretty short of women who have closed a #2 correct me if I am wrong maybe half a dozen or so.

I think a #2.5 would be a massive achievement for a girl, definitely worthy of an IM cert!

Sam we are in 100% agreement and can any woman do this ? Liz Horne ? Titania on BB.com ? a couple others ?

Go for it girls !!

.. neilkaz ..

no new list for women. If they want to cert let them bust their ass like the rest of us.

how are we supposed to inspire women to try this if we lower the standards for them.

In my opinion a #2 and/or a #2.5 list for women is not lowering standards. These grippers represent a very high level of achievement for female athletes. I also feel that any woman that closes a #2 or a #2.5 has definately had to "bust her ass" in order to get there! Plus, I believe that women would be inspired to get into grip training if these lists existed. It offers recognition, just like the #3 and the #4 lists do.

In my opinion a #2 and/or a #2.5 list for women is not lowering standards. These grippers represent a very high level of achievement for female athletes. I also feel that any woman that closes a #2 or a #2.5 has definately had to "bust her ass" in order to get there! Plus, I believe that women would be inspired to get into grip training if these lists existed. It offers recognition, just like the #3 and the #4 lists do.

I agree. I don't know if IM should make that move yet, but I don't think it would be a disgrace or anything.

yah we should also eliminate male only leagues, and play them in basketball or other sports. There is a reason there are female and male leagues, women are different. Most women have small hands, are weaker because of physical reasons. So yes they should have different standards, or do you believe you should beat up women if they get you mad just like a guy? :dry

Sam we are in 100% agreement and can any woman do this ? Liz Horne ? Titania on BB.com ? a couple others ?

Go for it girls !!

.. neilkaz ..

maybe Julie Havelka if she is still training grip?

yah we should also eliminate male only leagues, and play them in basketball or other sports. There is a reason there are female and male leagues, women are different. Most women have small hands, are weaker because of physical reasons. So yes they should have different standards, or do you believe you should beat up women if they get you mad just like a guy? :dry

Something else to consider is that many of the men that do grip training already have a good grip from their occupation (plumbers, mechanics, etc). How many women work the same kind of physically demanding jobs?

hmmm.....well I guess I gave them more credit than that. But who knows maybe you guys are right. Women are WEAK period.

I'll throw in my 2 cents

A 2 and 2.5 cert for women is a great idea. We need to grow as grip sport, give women something attainable to shoot for. The #3? If a woman can close the #3, she should be right on the COC list with the men.

A #2 is out the reach of most men unless they train for it. A 2.5 will stop nearly anyone unless they are a PL, Arm Wr, farmer or a grip athlete. A women who closes a 2.5 is a captain of crush in every sense of the word.

Now that we are coming an agreement that there should be a list-Does anyone know a girl whos last name is not Horne who is interested in closing heavy grippers????

hmmm.....well I guess I gave them more credit than that. But who knows maybe you guys are right. Women are WEAK period.

Well, I don't expect a midget to dunk either. If he or she did, I'd give them more respect than anyone else who ever did it, but I really don't have the right to expect that much. It's all relative to ourselves, anyway.

Well, I don't expect a midget to dunk either. If he or she did, I'd give them more respect than anyone else who ever did it, but I really don't have the right to expect that much. It's all relative to ourselves, anyway.

Spud webb did it :D