York dumbells

supersqueeze

Thats not it at all. You need to look for the older designs and probably in a scrap/junk yard or second-hand/used goods shop.

The model you want is much more rounded and the faces bow out a little.

It might be an old picture - ring and check before buying. It was my understanding that they don't make them any more.

fellas,

the pictures in the last few posts are it.  The problem is the are pictures of small dumbells, ie. <25lbs.  Trust me these are the ones you  want, and I am pretty sure they are still made.  Just recently I bought  50lb York dumbell in Maryland, and it was perfect for the blobs Just like in MOHS.  Seek and ye shall find.

-Hammerhead

Hammerhead is right about that.

The 50 pound DB's and up are what you want.  BTW, does anyone need a blob?  I could find one for ya.  :)

The first link and the third link in this thread are the Yorks you want for blob lifting.  I would assume that York still sells them as they are still listed in their pricelist, which are available upon request.  Maybe it's just because of where I live, but they're really not that hard to find if you look.  They're not nearly as obscure as some might have you believe.

BC.

I have not been able to locate Yorks anywhere in California. Mail order may be the only option in certain areas of the world and I have not tried this yet so I do not know how receptive York is to small, noninstitutional, mail orders.

Mike M.

I finally found them. Call York (800)358-9675 and they will tell you where you can find a retail store near you that either carries the DBs or can order them for you. B.C. is right ... not that hard!!

Mike M.

hey snott,

where are you finding them?  i ask because i only live an hour and a half or so from you, so i thought if there was somewhere close i could pick one up sometime.

Called them today.  They gave me a few shops in my area.  Also told me they will ship directly to your house.  I'm in Oregon...A 50lb solid was ~$40bucks and ~40 to ship.

underdawg,

Do you need one?  If so, message me.  I've got one to go....