Big Double Underhand Pr's! Vid/pics

foxyj75

Man, it seems like alot of guys on the board are on fire here lately. It must be spreading, because after seeing all those great bends you guys have been doing lately, it really gave me the itch to bend something!! :D I started out bending some stuff DO, and got some pr's, so I was pretty stoked about that!

After warming up on some 60's, I tried a piece of 1/4'' x 6'' square crs. Got it pretty easy. Then I tried a piece of 1/4'' x 4.5'' square crs. This was a bit of a challenge! Hard kink, and brutal crushdown!! I then tried one of my new bolts; a 5/16'' x 6'' stainless hex bolt. Way harder than the 1/4'' G8! Kink was a lil' easier than the 4.5 square, but the crushdown was ALOT tougher. Just a little less than the 5'' G8, but SPRINGIER!! :blink You can see the wide "U" shaped bend, and the head in the pic below.

I tried some DU bending next. I won't go into great detail, as the video is explanation enough. I included pics of the bolts in the video, as I realized that I might not have shown them clearly. All I can say is that my previous DU pr was a tough 60d, or maybe a chinese 70d, so these pr's surprise me to say the least!! :rock :rock I think I have found my "groove". I can't wait to try the FBBC stock I am getting in a few days!! :D Thanks for the comments guys, and I hope you all had a merry Christmas, and a happy new year!! Later!

God Bless,

Jeremiah

5/16'' and G8 DU video Enjoy!

6'' and 4.5'' sq CRS bends

6'' and 4.5'' sq under 2''

5/16'' and G8 bolts from video past 40

5/16'' x 6'' stainless bent

Great Work Foxman thats a great bending session!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Great bends! Don't know about the 5/16 stainless bolt. But it sounds crazy, surtaintly when you cut it. That bolt went boom.

It seems that santa does not only give presents, he gives great power aswell! :D

Somebody call the Fire Department because it appears you are on fire my friend, your porgress is amazing! Keep up the great training and PR chasing.

Jeremiah, what have you done/are you doing to make your wrists so strong? Not to mention the rest of your body-you're doing some crazy strong feats! :rock:rock:rock

I knew you'd rise quick and I'm sure you're not done yet.

Great job my friend!

Tim

Jeremy your power is incredible!!! Very strong bends!!! Keep it up man!!!

Jeremiah, what have you done/are you doing to make your wrists so strong? Not to mention the rest of your body-you're doing some crazy strong feats! :rock:rock:rock

Bob, currently, I'm just bending (DO, DU, and Reverse), and sledge levering in all directions. I try to bend at angles that target my weak points. When doing this, I will usually use a variety of 60d's; easy ones for form and volume, and tough ones for low reps for strength. I like to use a pyramid type rep scheme. High reps for easy 60s, working up to lower reps for tough 60's, usually a PR attempt in the middle(short 60, G5, or similar), if I get the PR attempt or not, the iso's are still good. Then basically a couple tough 60's, and a few easy 60's to cool down.

I do the sledge levering one of two ways. Either heavy single reps in sets of 4, or in a pyramid scheme like the bending.

Other than that, I had a good strength base to begin with. For the last 7 years or so, I have weight trained using a 5 day schedule; 1 chest, 2 back, 3 arms, 4 shoulders, and 5 legs. Stuck with that pretty srtictly until the last year or so, as kids, a new baby, and college have gotten in the way. Also before I went back to school, I was a diesel mechanic, a fleet mechanic for a construction co.(read BIG equipment), and a mechanic at a Ford dealer. Needless to say, lots of hand and wrist workouts!!! Try holding onto a 3/4'' impact with 1000 ft lbs. of torque with one hand! :blink On the job "training" I guess!! Anyway, thanks for the comments and kind words Bob, they're very much appreciated! :D

And thanks to everybody else for all the comments and encouraging words!!! :rock

When you walked in the door at Gripmas - I saw "strong" - just not experienced. Looks like you're talking care of that pretty quickly, especially on the bending - you'll go far grasshopper. Strong is strong! Great job!

Thanks for all the kind words guys!! It means alot! :D

Bob, currently, I'm just bending (DO, DU, and Reverse), and sledge levering in all directions. I try to bend at angles that target my weak points. When doing this, I will usually use a variety of 60d's; easy ones for form and volume, and tough ones for low reps for strength. I like to use a pyramid type rep scheme. High reps for easy 60s, working up to lower reps for tough 60's, usually a PR attempt in the middle(short 60, G5, or similar), if I get the PR attempt or not, the iso's are still good. Then basically a couple tough 60's, and a few easy 60's to cool down.

I do the sledge levering one of two ways. Either heavy single reps in sets of 4, or in a pyramid scheme like the bending.

Other than that, I had a good strength base to begin with. For the last 7 years or so, I have weight trained using a 5 day schedule; 1 chest, 2 back, 3 arms, 4 shoulders, and 5 legs. Stuck with that pretty srtictly until the last year or so, as kids, a new baby, and college have gotten in the way. Also before I went back to school, I was a diesel mechanic, a fleet mechanic for a construction co.(read BIG equipment), and a mechanic at a Ford dealer. Needless to say, lots of hand and wrist workouts!!! Try holding onto a 3/4'' impact with 1000 ft lbs. of torque with one hand! :blink On the job "training" I guess!! Anyway, thanks for the comments and kind words Bob, they're very much appreciated! :D

And thanks to everybody else for all the comments and encouraging words!!! :rock

No wonder why you're so strong Jeremiah. I'll try to remember that you are really a nice guy next time our paths cross, you just look mean (I hope)!

:rock that's wrist power!

Great bending man,you have made some very quick and impressive gains, :rock so whats gonna be next?

Great bending man,you have made some very quick and impressive gains, :rock so whats gonna be next?

I would like to try the bastard, the red, and a 5/16'' x 7'' G5. That 5/16'' square looks cool too! I am gonna be getting some FBBC stock in a few days, so I'll keep you posted! :D

Edited by Foxman

I would like to try the bastard, the red, and a 5/16'' x 7'' G5. That 5/16'' square looks cool too! I am gonna be getting some FBBC stock in a few days, so I'll keep you posted! :D

Great job Jeremiah!! You've climbed very fast!!

Make sure you get the stainless 5/16" Square, the regular stuff is just ridiculously insane stock that only gazza can bend.

Edited by vikingsrule92

Mmainlands sent me some of those stainless bolts at 5.5", and I do remember getting a very intense workout on the crush.

Top notch bending, Jeremiah! It's gonna be crazy what you'll be bending in a year. :rock

Mmainlands sent me some of those stainless bolts at 5.5", and I do remember getting a very intense workout on the crush.

Top notch bending, Jeremiah! It's gonna be crazy what you'll be bending in a year. :rock

Thanks for the kind words Eric!! :D Out of curiosity, did you happen to calibrate any of those 5.5'' bolts? Just by feel, I would say the 6'' is probably around 570-600. This is comparing them to the triangle 1/4 G8's that cal'ed at 495(which is the other bolt bent in the video). The G8 was alot easier all around. Man, that crush on the stainless was nasty! Just kept springing back when I would hit it! :blink

Thanks for the kind words Eric!! :D Out of curiosity, did you happen to calibrate any of those 5.5'' bolts? Just by feel, I would say the 6'' is probably around 570-600. This is comparing them to the triangle 1/4 G8's that cal'ed at 495(which is the other bolt bent in the video). The G8 was alot easier all around. Man, that crush on the stainless was nasty! Just kept springing back when I would hit it! :blink

No, I didn't calibrate any. In fact, I'm not even sure I was in the calibrating "business" back then. But I'd say your poundage guess is probably in the ballpark.

Foxman

Great bending bro your looking big and strong and those SS bolts are great for getting your crush up as you found out congrats on the PRs but theres alot more in you.

Foxman

Great bending bro your looking big and strong and those SS bolts are great for getting your crush up as you found out congrats on the PRs but theres alot more in you.

Thanks Gazza! You're right about that crush, you definitely have to fight for every little bit! This was the first SS I've done, and I liked it. Onwards and upwards!! :rock