V Bar Question

AdamTGlass

What is this lift? What is required? I have only seen a few pics, and it looks like you are grabbing a pole and pulling up. Would a long loading pin work, like one of the 15" IM pins? Also, when people grab it, do you grab it with the thumb pointing down, or up like a hammer curl? Any info is requested

What is this lift? What is required? I have only seen a few pics, and it looks like you are grabbing a pole and pulling up. Would a long loading pin work, like one of the 15" IM pins? Also, when people grab it, do you grab it with the thumb pointing down, or up like a hammer curl? Any info is requested

A loading pin whould work but Vbars are knurled. You can grab it anyway you want, whatever is comfortable.

A loading pin whould work but Vbars are knurled. You can grab it anyway you want, whatever is comfortable.

Vbars aren't knurled Zach, they're just unpainted where you grab it so that it's not as slippery as a loading pin. But yeah you can grab it any way you want, just be careful, if you use a lot of weight and it spins you can rip your bicep tendon straight off the bone as demonstrated by Chris James in twig's post.

You can use loading pins, they just don't count as certs and they're slippier (sp?)

I love the youtube comment- "Do you guys run the 100mm too?..."

Haha.

Vbars aren't knurled Zach, they're just unpainted where you grab it so that it's not as slippery as a loading pin. But yeah you can grab it any way you want, just be careful, if you use a lot of weight and it spins you can rip your bicep tendon straight off the bone as demonstrated by Chris James in twig's post.

You can use loading pins, they just don't count as certs and they're slippier (sp?)

Well that just shows how much I've used one :D

I'm curious, another gripster I know tore her bicep on the Vbar recently and she pulls with an underhand grip like Chris James did in that vid. Now I tried both ways at the BBB on the 2" and didn't really feel much of a difference but I'm just wondering if pulling underhanded on a 1" makes you more prone to injuries like Chris'? Just a random thought of mine, this has probably been stated before though.

I'm curious, another gripster I know tore her bicep on the Vbar recently and she pulls with an underhand grip like Chris James did in that vid. Now I tried both ways at the BBB on the 2" and didn't really feel much of a difference but I'm just wondering if pulling underhanded on a 1" makes you more prone to injuries like Chris'? Just a random thought of mine, this has probably been stated before though.

1" makes you MUCH more prone to injuries. It spins a lot more violently with the 1", not sure of the exact mechanics of why, but I know it does. If the 2" spins it's no big deal, you can get injured, but you're much less likely. If the 1" spins with a lot of weight, you're screwed.

1" makes you MUCH more prone to injuries. It spins a lot more violently with the 1", not sure of the exact mechanics of why, but I know it does. If the 2" spins it's no big deal, you can get injured, but you're much less likely. If the 1" spins with a lot of weight, you're screwed.

I have the 2 inch and it seems like it would be very hard to hurt yourself with it... unless your foot was very unlucky, haha.

Keep your arm straight and you will be far less likely to injure a bicep regardless of the grip - Chris's injury seemed as much a factor of trying to row the weight up IMO.