Hit Another Horse Shoes Tonight, Much Better This Time

AdamTGlass

Tonight i tired out a Diamond #0, which to me looks the smae thickness, just smaller. Things went much better. i watched a few youtube vids last night, and watched the 336 DVD.

One thing i am doing different. Instead of gettign the first bend by bracing it against my hip, i am placing the center in to my belly, and pushing in on both sides to twist it out.

for those who do this often, is this a harder or easier style? I dont want to spin my wheels on a technique that ends up being very weak compared to other styles

i posted a pic on my blog this afternoon, i will shoot a video once i get the bend down in under 45 seconds

Adam

Whatever works for you is best. Sounds similar to what Foxman does, he braces it on the inside of his thigh then crushes it inward. Problem with starting off like that is that past 90 degrees you'll have trouble because it's very akward, but if you can get them to 90 you can finish off the bend conventionally. Just means you've got a VERY strong chest so congrats on what IS a VERY TOUGH shoe!!!

Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Nice job on the ''0'' bend. They are the same thickness, just smaller than the ''1's''. Personally, I think that pushing the legs apart is easier, but that's just my preference. I never can find decent leverage posting on the side of my thigh to START. After I get it to like 90 degrees pushing the legs apart on top of my thigh, THEN I feel I can get good leverage on the conventional side posting method.

I find that it really helps your power if you force your upper body weight down as you push the legs of the shoe apart. Kinda like making it all one forceful motion, if that makes any sense! Anyway, great job on a major tough shoe!! :D

I find that it really helps your power if you force your upper body weight down as you push the legs of the shoe apart. Kinda like making it all one forceful motion, if that makes any sense! Anyway, great job on a major tough shoe!! :D

Yes. I couldn't get those last few degrees on the Diamond Classic #2 until I learned to "pump" it down several times. One hard steady push just doesn't seem to get the job done for me on horseshoes, although it is my preferred style of crushing spikes after I get the initial kink over my shin. I hope I understood you correctly, Jeremiah???

And Adam, that's some mighty fine shoe shredding!

Yes. I couldn't get those last few degrees on the Diamond Classic #2 until I learned to "pump" it down several times. One hard steady push just doesn't seem to get the job done for me on horseshoes, although it is my preferred style of crushing spikes after I get the initial kink over my shin. I hope I understood you correctly, Jeremiah???

And Adam, that's some mighty fine shoe shredding!

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about Eric! :D