Dipping & Pushup Station

gerryg

Anyone own this dipping and pushup station sold by New York Barbells? I was thinking about buying Ironminds dip station but if this one gets good reviews I would save myself a ton of money.

http://www.newyorkbarbells.com/91545.html

Here is the one sold by Ironmind.

http://www6.mailordercentral.com/ironmind/...asp?number=1312

I don't own either of them but $129.00 vs. $500.00 is quite a big difference. The one sold by Ironmind is adjustable in width which is a nice feature. The specs on the cheaper one says width is 26 inches. If you can live with that go for the cheaper one. That is what I would do because 26" is about right for me.

I don't own this piece of equipment, but I would definitely not get the ironmind version. The only thing the IM version has going for it is the adjustable width. Nice feature, I agree, but unless you are really really wide, or really really narrow, I just cant see a use for it. Besides that, the IM version doesn't have handles for push ups. I have used the cheaper version for years in different gyms, and have never had a problem. Look in any major gym, and I bet you will find a version like the simpler, cheaper one. I would use the cash you save and get something else cool to workout with. Just my two cents! :D

Edited by Foxman

If you have a power rack, you might consider getting something like the red bars in this picture from Chris Rice's gym:

http://www.stylesdevelops.com/stylesdevelo...s/PowerRack.jpg

It seems better than other options to me. I am not sure if they can be bought commercially.

I've seen that kind of bars in fractionalplates.com. Go to "Rack Mounts" and the look up "Boris".

Although its quite spendy, I can gaurantee you that the Ironmind stuff is a LOT better quality. I have stuff from both companies, and for the most part, Newyorkbarbells stuff is cheaply made stuff - some works, some doesnt. Now, I like angled dip bars so I wouldn't buy that style anyway - I prefer something like this DIPPING STATION , but I use THESE as they work in my rack. You can also make some parallette bars pretty cheap that will work for dips.

I can't comment on the quality of either pieces, but if it's adjustability you're after you can easily cut the NYB rack and sleave/pin it to adjust the width. A dip station might be a better solution...middle of the road price and tapered width.

I think most stuff the comes from NYBB is junk from the things i have purchased IMO.

It's made in china and is of low quality.I would go with the U.S. made IM dip set up if you plan on keeping the stuff forever.

I think most stuff the comes from NYBB is junk from the things i have purchased IMO.

It's made in china and is of low quality.I would go with the U.S. made IM dip set up if you plan on keeping the stuff forever.

MY experience has been the opposite. Everything I've bought from NYBB has been great, and the prices are hard to beat. I don't care if it's made in China. It's not like designing and welding together workout equipment is rocket science.

If you're handy with a hammer and saw then you can easily make a dipping stand out of 2x4's or 4x4's and some pipe. The NYBB stand looks like it would need some additional bracing if you dip with a decent amount of weight...

If you're handy with a hammer and saw then you can easily make a dipping stand out of 2x4's or 4x4's and some pipe. The NYBB stand looks like it would need some additional bracing if you dip with a decent amount of weight...

Try Ericks gym on the web save on the shipping

2" x 3" mainframe construction

Oversize 1 3/4" diameter dipping bars

Slip-proof rubber grips

Electrostatically applied powder coat finish

Assembled Dimensions: 53"H x 38"L x 27"W

Retail Price: $279 Sale Price: $199 total cost to you