Chalk

GarytheDino

I went to the local sporting goods store in search for chalk. I looked all over and did see some sticky spray but no chalk. I asked at the front desk; do you have chalk? The dudes gave me a blank look. Chalk? Yeah Chalk. Like gym chalk. We don't have that. So I left.

???????????????????????????

I called a chain store that I've heard alot about. It's an hour drive each way and I wanted to know if they had 40k kettlebells in the store before I made the drive. I asked the question and the person on the other end said hang on I'll connect you to the hunting department. I said no it's a weight. Ok I'll connect you to fitness. I was on hold 10 minutes, noone answered. I called back and asked for the fitness dept. She said hold and I'll connect you to fishing. I said no I need fitness It's a weight. Hold again and no answer. ????????????????????????

:angry::angry::angry:

http://www.prowriststraps.com/

http://www.metoliusclimbing.com/superchalk.htm

Here ya go - the Metolius chalk is my favorite - it contains a drying agent as well and seems to soak up sweat a bit better longer. The chalk soc is nice for keeping the mess down. And the Eco ball is just a drying agent, great for a place you're not allowed to use chalk like some commercial gyms.

I went to the local sporting goods store in search for chalk. I looked all over and did see some sticky spray but no chalk. I asked at the front desk; do you have chalk? The dudes gave me a blank look. Chalk? Yeah Chalk. Like gym chalk. We don't have that. So I left.

I called a chain store that I've heard alot about. It's an hour drive each way and I wanted to know if they had 40k kettlebells in the store before I made the drive. I asked the question and the person on the other end said hang on I'll connect you to the hunting department. I said no it's a weight. Ok I'll connect you to fitness. I was on hold 10 minutes, noone answered. I called back and asked for the fitness dept. She said hold and I'll connect you to fishing. I said no I need fitness It's a weight. Hold again and no answer. ????????????????????????

Internet and mail order. You never need leave the house again.

I'm trying to get a company to do a proper deal on drop shipping of chalk for me to sell via my company site. But I'm UK based.

Someone told me EMS sells chalk, but I have yet to find gym chalk in any store. I eventualy bought some online.

Woud a rosin bag work?

Rosin is not the same thing as chalk.

lol that made my laugh thank you.

I bought chalk in that same store years ago.

It was like going into a convenience store that has no beer or soft drinks.

I've found blocks of chalk at Play it again sports as well as Kettlebells recently (new). Not to mention some nice hubbing plates, etc.

- Aaron

Acorn beat me to it but I was gonna suggest Play It Again Sports. I have also seen gymnasts chalk in our local Dunham's but I don't like it nearly as well. It comes in a powder in a bottle, like baby powder.

I don't think they sell beer at Play It Again, though. :D

I got my last batch of chalk from Ironmind but thought it would be easier to just pick it up while I was out. I didn't realize it was so hard to find nowdays. A store that sells weights should have chalk PERIOD.

Edited by GarytheDino

I have seen it at Academy but get mine from a small gym up the road from me crains world.

I got my last batch of chalk from Ironmind but thought it would be easier to just pick it up while I was out. I didn't realize it was so hard to find nowdays. A store that sells weights should have chalk PERIOD.

I agree with you Gary. And fortunately most places near me do, you're just unlucky I guess. It all boils down to how little people are starting to care about actual lifting and how much people are going over to "the Machine and cardio frenzy". So no one needs chalk anymore and thus no one carries it.

I've found blocks of chalk at Play it again sports as well as Kettlebells recently (new). Not to mention some nice hubbing plates, etc.

- Aaron

I had not been to a Play It Again Sports for around 15 years, coincidently, until today. I was in a city 40 miles from my town, saw it, pulled over, and went into their basement, where they had a ton of stuff. They had boxes of chalk, the same brand as sold by IronMind, there. They had a TON of Kettlebells, at around $1.60, $1.70 per pound, brand new, made in China. They had lots of Hex dumbbells, new and used, 79 cents per pound new, 49 cents used. The plates at this place were plentiful, but not hubbable. The cost of living in Santa Cruz is about as much as anywhere in the US, so these prices, I would assume would be more than where others live.

Out of curiosity I went to Play it Again and Dick's. Dicks had kettlebells up to 35lbs and no chalk. Play it Again had neither.

I ordered my 40K kettlebell from Perform Better for $135 shipped (about $1.50 per pound)

Regarding the shipping of KB's and other heavy stuff. UPS now ships packages up to 150lbs. I recently bought a 110lb hex dumbell for snatches and the shipping was $28 bucks or so via UPS.

REI is a good source if you have one in your area (maybe its a westcoast chain only?) - $1 a brick (or so).

Nah, we have REI out here, too.

The best chalk i've used is called 'grippy' chalk. I believe its an Italian company.

The worst chalk was some made in china rubbish from titan - the PL guys.

My local "DICK'S Sporting Goods" has the blocks of chalk. I think it's basically the same store as REI though.