3mm off the #4

Guest scott essery

Guest 115-1005574997

Bill

good point, but are you saying that this mystery person being just 3mm off closing the #4 wont clamp it shut in he next few months?

I'd love to take you up on the bet old guy but the threats on my life from this certain person and living the rest of my life on the run would not be worth it.

i like my knee caps and i want them to remain where they are !

Guest Mikael Siversson

Hm,

Let's see. David got Jim's #4 down to 10 mm unseasoned and with no warm up, possibly also without chalk. Seasoning would do maybe 2 or 3 mm, chalk another mm or two, whereas a proper warm up would shave off another 2-3 mm. Add to that a new "loss of fear for the mighty #4" and you end up with 3 mm. Now, where are my protective knee pads.

Heath has been a whisper from closing a 4.  A whisper. That's about 1/16 to 1/32 of an inch.  I remember the call.

Progress is seldom linear.  As they say, stuff happens!

Guest Jeff Roark

Nathan,

Thats a low blow. You should have a little more respect for someone (Kinney). The way you make it sound is that he is a liar. I beleive he closed it along with many others. You seem to lack any respect for others that can absolutely dominate you.

Nathan's just kidding,

not only was Kinney certified, he shot a video, and bought and closed a second #4.  Certainly his #4 closure is one of the better documented feats.

Robert

No, I was! After putting it up I thought I should have added a  :p onto the end, but didn't. I meant that if Nathan Holle has closed his #4 he would have had it stolen just as Kinney did. Maybe there's someone who steals the #4s from people who have closed them?

:p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p  :p

From the responses the person is clearly David Horne. Nathan Holle or Heath Sexton both being quiet and modest could still be the next to close the #4 that is if they are still training to do so. 3/4'' is a mile away, even I can get that close and I have no interest in closing the 4. I am so far from the UK that nobody is going to break my kneecaps or even write me a parking ticket.

Guest Mikael Siversson

One could easily interpret your respons as a suggestion that David is not modest. Nathan has sent in pictures of him closing various grippers, while David has not. I would say all three are being very modest considering their huge grip strength.

You say you have no interest in closing the No 4, yet you claim to be 3/4'' away from closing it. How can one attempt to close a gripper while not having an interest in doing so?

You  can interpret anything anyway you wish. I use the #4 as an aid in closing the #3. I have no desire to subject my hands to the tortuous training it would require to close the 4. I know that Mr Horne is modest, and I know that others are not.

I find it much safer not to get too personal when making unkind comments then there is no way I can 'mis-interpret' a thing.

Just for the record I love blowing my own trumpet but if any body elses wants a go - feel free :D

Many people 'try' to deadlift the Inch replica, and

many of those same people have no zest to pursue

the training which would be required long term to

actually deadlift it.

Perhaps this is what OldGuy meant. A test effort at

something does not imply anything beyond a test

effort.

How many people why 'try' the 3 actually plan to

train for its defeat- especially those who are handed

one for the first time ever?

???