G-rex poundages

ghd56

Let's hear some poundage comparisons on the G-Rex in the one and two hand holds. So far I'm holding bodyweight(240) plus the chasis(30)with one hand for about five seconds, two hands about 425.  I'm about 1/4 inch away from closing my #3. Joe Kinney wrote in MILO awhile back that he was doing one hand holds with 385! Robert Baraban is also doing one hand holds with about the same weight and he is about 1/4 inch from closing the #4.  I guess we have to figure when you can do a one hand hold with about 400, your #4 bound. C'mon Snott....3Crusher...maybe we'll even hear from the G-Rex designer himself!

John DiStano

John,

The most I've ever done on the G-Rex is about 440, and that's with two hands.  The carriage weighs about 47 pounds, and my bodyweight is 230 pounds.

I can't do a one hand hold with that kind of weight YET because my hand is just not that strong.  Remember too that the bars do NOT come together, and unless your hand is large (and my hand is normal sized), you have to work to an advantage.  Kinney's doing 385 one-handed is remarkable!!

My hands are much stronger now thanks to the G-Rex.... and I've only had the machine a few months now.