A Helpful Suggestion For The Euro Pinch Collars

EricMilfeld

I've been using olympic collars (spinners) to hold the pinch plates themselves together. This way you don't have to loosen the collars, reposition them, and then retighten them every time the discs shift from being dropped on the floor. All you have to do is give the collars a little spin and the discs are tight again. Loose discs will make the lift more difficult. I've used these collars at two contests with great results.

In Michigan a couple years ago - Bob used spin locks as outside collars and that also worked well keeping everything nice and tight. This was Jedd's Euro apparatus so I used his spacers and outside collars with a pipe of mine.

Eric, Can you email me a pic of the set of the collars you are talking about? jedd.diesel@gmail.com

Jedd- Should be the same collars we used for the narrow pinch at the MGC.

Right. But if you would still like a picture just let me know, Jedd.

I totally don't remember what they looked like.

I totally don't remember what they looked like.

Jedd, here's the culprits. Just place these against the actual pinch discs, turn the wing nuts nice and tight, spin the other side of these collars, and they clamp down nice and tight on the discs. They work great. Just be sure you align the tightened wing nuts so that they don't protrude past the face of the collar, making for an uneven mate with the weight plates.

http://www.getstrength.com/images/products...pic-Collars.jpg