New To The Board, And Grip In General

fsuitw

I've been lurking for about a week, but I thought it would be appropriate at this time to make my first post and give a short introduction of myself. My name is Jason Lewis, and I live in Tempe, Arizona. I attend ASU and I am a discus/shot/hammer thrower for the track team. My only grip goal as of now is to close the coc #3, and I've got a coc 2.5 coming to help me attain that feat. I'm pretty enthusiastic about grip being a shot putter since I have had some serious hand injuries in the past, and I want nothing more than to get stronger hands and throw further. What else? My teammate, Ryan Whiting, regularly closes the 3 and is starting a campaign against the 4, but I would venture to say I am closer to the 3 than he is to the 4. I really enjoy this board, and I'm just glad something like it of this caliber exists.

I've been lurking for about a week, but I thought it would be appropriate at this time to make my first post and give a short introduction of myself. My name is Jason Lewis, and I live in Tempe, Arizona. I attend ASU and I am a discus/shot/hammer thrower for the track team. My only grip goal as of now is to close the coc #3, and I've got a coc 2.5 coming to help me attain that feat. I'm pretty enthusiastic about grip being a shot putter since I have had some serious hand injuries in the past, and I want nothing more than to get stronger hands and throw further. What else? My teammate, Ryan Whiting, regularly closes the 3 and is starting a campaign against the 4, but I would venture to say I am closer to the 3 than he is to the 4. I really enjoy this board, and I'm just glad something like it of this caliber exists.

Welcome to the board Jason, Hope you and Ryan can make it down to Tucson some time for one of our Group grip sessions. I threw Discus and Hammer myself for UofA. Let me know if you guys are ever gonna be in town for a meet and we can hook up. Also We are having a Grip comp down here on Feb 9th.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Sweet, I loved throwing in highschool, always wished that I could have contuined at a higher level....It would be awesome to have you guys come down for a training sessions..Welcome to the board...

-B

Yo Jason. My name is also Jason and I live in Tempe as well. Send me a PM and we could maybe set up a time to grip train and I could teach you a few things if you want. I am pretty new to grip training as well (4 months) but I think we could def help each other, so let me know.

Welcome to the board Jason, Hope you and Ryan can make it down to Tucson some time for one of our Group grip sessions. I threw Discus and Hammer myself for UofA. Let me know if you guys are ever gonna be in town for a meet and we can hook up. Also We are having a Grip comp down here on Feb 9th.

- Aaron

Oh man an ASU guy coming to a griptogether :laugh Hahaha just kidding Jason. Welcome to the board and I hope you can come down to Tucson some time so we can meet and have some grip fun. You should definitely come to the Grip COmp in February, it'll be a learning experience and a lot of fun.

I am definitely interested in coming down to grip with you guys, and hopefully I can make some good gains between now and then. I recently got my coc 2.5 in the mail, so with some quality reps I will be that much closer to the coc 3 and hopefully somewhat competitive. What events are being contested? It's nice to live near some like minded individuals, at least when it comes to squeezing the shit out of something.

I am definitely interested in coming down to grip with you guys, and hopefully I can make some good gains between now and then. I recently got my coc 2.5 in the mail, so with some quality reps I will be that much closer to the coc 3 and hopefully somewhat competitive. What events are being contested? It's nice to live near some like minded individuals, at least when it comes to squeezing the shit out of something.

Cool, Check out the events here: www.az-grip.com

Haha, ya I know what you mean. It will be nice to grip with someone else. A lot of ppl live in Tucson, but there is no one in the tempe/phoenix area.