April 2008 Ironmind Swt Gripmasters Challenge

Allanic Martial

Hello,

I run a competition of grip on the forum "Smart Weight Training" sponsored by IronMind, lots will be to win and I wanted you to share a resume of this contest.

It will be available in the "News" d IronMind shortly, and the full version will be on this forum in French for the moment.

There will be all levels: I hope that many of you will attend.

I am French, I apologize for my language approximate.

Bye ... ;)

April 2008 Ironmind SWT Gripmasters Challenge

This competition will be divided into 3 sub-contests:

- Junior Challenge:

Anyone who cannot close the CoC#2 gripper on 1 April 2008.

- Senior Challenge:

Anyone who can close the CoC#2 gripper but cannot close the CoC#3 gripper on 1 April 2008.

- Expert Challenge:

Anyone who can close the CoC#3 gripper on 1 April 2008.

Enrollment:

- Contestants have to enroll on the Smart Weight Training forum to compete. Each contestant will have to post their best grip feat in the "April 2008 Ironmind SWT Gripmasters Challenge" topic, considering this feat must be recent and up-to-date. The deadline to do this is 31 March 2008 at midnight, when the contest officially starts. Link: http://forum.swt.bz/viewtopic.php?t=9710

- To officially be part of this competition, all contestants will have to edit their first post by stating which challenge they wish to compete in, update their best feat if it has changed, and post a video of this feat. There will be a two week slot to do so, from 1 April to 15 April 2008.

General conditions:

1/ Ironmind's Captain of Crush Grippers are the only grippers authorized for this competition: #G; #S; #T; #1; #1,5; #2; #2,5; #3; #3,5; #4.

2/ The closing of a gripper must be done applying the same rules as Ironmind's rules for closing and certification.

3/ In order for the referee the confirm contestants' feats, videos are compulsory.

4/ Competitors' best feats announced during the contest have to be posted before 30 June 2008 at midnight, when the contest officially ends.

5/ The first competition ranking will be posted on 5 July 2008 at the latest.

6/ If there are any ties between two or more contestants after the first competition ranking has been posted, these contestants will have the opportunity to post one more video performing an overcrush with a credit card set grip. In this case the competition referee would use a stopwatch to time each contestant, the winner being the one to keep the gripper closed for the longest amount of time.

7/ The second and final competition ranking will be posted on 15 July 2008 at the latest.

8/ The winners will be those who make the most repetitions with grippers the toughest of their level.

Prizes according to ranking:

- Junior 3rd place: $ 10

- Junior 2nd place: $ 15

- Junior 1st place: $ 25

- Senior 3rd place: $ 25

- Senior 2nd place: $ 35

- Senior 1st place: $ 45

- Expert 3rd place: $ 30

- Expert 2nd place: $ 40

- Expert 1st place: $ 55

These amounts are vouchers for IronMind equipment. Depending on their original price, items can be purchased at a cheaper price or even for free using these vouchers.

Many thanks to IronMind, especially Mrs Elizabeth Hammond and Mr Randall Strossen for accepting to sponsor the contest, by offering a total amount of $280 of vouchers to the winners.

Thank you all for taking part in this competition, I hope you enjoy it, that we all find good spirited motivation, and that we accomplish impressive feats. Good luck to you all for your feats to come, and may the best win !

This is an interesting type of competition, the reps you do on your hardest gripper do you have to show the credit each time? Will one rep CCS on the #3 be better than 10 reps CCS on the #2.5?

I will await reading up on this on the ironmind site with great interest.

one rep on a given gripper is better than any number of reps on an easier gripper.

yes, credit card should be shown on each rep. I think up to 15 seconds are allowed in between reps to reset the gripper.

I am helping a bit with the organization of this comp (I will probably judge if I don't compete).

No need to subscribe on or go to the french board mentioned above. Results will be updated on both boards.

Basically the comp is:

- take the hardest gripper you can close CCSet. Do as many reps on it showing the credit card each rep. max 15 secs between reps. post a vid.

of course one could cheat and pretend he can only close number #1 when he can really close #2, but this is really a "test" comp before launching something bigger later on. And the goal, is, as usual, to have fun.

so if you can post vids, you only need to subscribe here before April 2008, and you may just win an Ironmind gift certificate.

no too complicated or constraining, I think.

Thanks you The Swiss for you answer.

Everything is ok; it's exactly that.

I hope that many of you will participate here.

Bye;)