Bastard In Im Pads

David_wigren

I got my package from John today. Got here faster than I expected, thank you John!

Thank you everyone!

Very strong bend David,I like your intensity.Great job,keep it going man. :rock

Great Job David great job with the Ironmind pads awesome work keep it up!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Nice bend man!!!! Lookin' real strong! :rock

Superb bend! :rock

Very well done :rock You chould call IM now. You are more than ready for the cert! (by the way, where do you put that bastard level?)

Thank you everyone!

I felt that this bastard actually was a bit easier compared to a red. Bent two bastards and both of them where easier. I expected them to be more difficult so I really psyched myself up as I was hoping to get it around 2-3 minutes. Are all of the new bastard of the "dark" hard batch. I'm thinking perhaps I got my hands on some old bastards

Thank you everyone!

I felt that this bastard actually was a bit easier compared to a red. Bent two bastards and both of them where easier. I expected them to be more difficult so I really psyched myself up as I was hoping to get it around 2-3 minutes. Are all of the new bastard of the "dark" hard batch. I'm thinking perhaps I got my hands on some old bastards

The new bastards are still easier than the new reds. To my knowledge all of the new bastards are the hard batch but this batch of bastards is still only at 450 lbs while the new reds are at 460 lbs.

Great bend David.

You should have no problems to cert on the Red.

Actually, David got some of the older hard dark bastards. The newer ones were shinier, but harder then the soft batch of shiny ones I got a year or so ago. I basically got down to the bottom of my stock on the 5/16 & he got the old stuff. Good work on those, I think you've got a bit more stuff coming in envelopes, not 100%, though, I'll be packing a bunch of bits up tomorrow.

And good for the Batsard cert BTW, congrats!

Edited by John Beatty

Actually, David got some of the older hard dark bastards. The newer ones were shinier, but harder then the soft batch of shiny ones I got a year or so ago. I basically got down to the bottom of my stock on the 5/16 & he got the old stuff. Good work on those, I think you've got a bit more stuff coming in envelopes, not 100%, though, I'll be packing a bunch of bits up tomorrow.

So where is this old batch at poundage wise?

Congrats on your Bastard Cert :rock:rock I love the intensity!!!

No clue, I don't calibrate the stuff, I just cut it up (& bend it too, sometimes).

Great! I was just about to email asking you if this would be valid.

Thank you John!

This is a topic from David Horne as he get a VERY HARD Bastard just like me http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?showtopic=24043&hl= I wonder if your Bastard is easeir or the Reds are even harder!!! :blink

Edited by Alawadhi

Hmm guess I'll try on an FBBC shiny later, off course I won't get it. But from what I read the kink would be about the same as the dark bastards. I'll try and see if I can kink a shiny. If so then yes maybe the reds are harder than before

To be honest I think that you can bend it (the shiny) in one session :)

Just made a couple of attempts on the shiny in IMP. Kiked it a good bit :rock . I limited my attempts to just one big hit every attempt. Good way to toughen the hands!

Don't know if I can finish one in thicker pads. The crush is my weak link. wich is notoriously the hard part of stainless.