Red Nail Bend In Im Pads

David_wigren

With all the crazy bends by Gazza lately I decided to record a Red nail bend.

Thank you all!

Great Job David that is a great feat!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

It was just too easy for you :rock If tomorrow I feel I am good for bending then I will try those in IM pads. Again, impressive bend :rock

Great job,you took down that red quickly, :rock How did it feel in those wraps?

Great Job. Call Ironmind, you are ready.

Thank you Gary! I will :cool . But not until I'm sure I've got the toughness to do it every time. That first hit is very important for me in theese pads, If I don't get a good first hit I might not get it at all. I'll give it at least a couple of weeks to feel that I am truly ready

Great Job David that is a great feat!!!

Brendan

Thank you Brendan! That shiny you did a couple of weeks ago was also pretty darn good! In minimum pads aswell :rock

Very impressive bend, well done!!

Thanks Pete! How is your DU bending going? Did you get that G8? I remembered that you did some damage to it. I plan to start focosing more on DU

well done mate

Thanks Boland. It means alot to me. It great to kill that piece that I use to think was impossible. I remember the first time I looked at the red and thought: Theese arn't nails! They're rods for christ sake! Metal rods. Are people actually bending theese metal rods!? (I think I even posted that in my old training log)

And to answer myself. Yes! People do bend theese metal rods! :D

It was just too easy for you If tomorrow I feel I am good for bending then I will try those in IM pads. Again, impressive bend

You'll kill it Alawadhi!! You've got the strength easy! Just don't fear the IM pads. I was afraid first and because of it whenever I tried to bend with them, I would slowly increase the preassure on the nail. The end result would be at best a slight kink on the nail and really sore hands. As soon as I got focosed and really tried to bend it, It went down. I know you'll get it!

Great bend David its alot tougher in those pads.

Thank you Gazza. I think it gets harder with smaller pads. Not just hard for you're hands. But in levrage and actual pressure needed to bend it. I don't agree with the idea that thicker pads leads to less force going in to the nail. With thicker pads there's more material to bundle up at the very end of the nail, and thus creating a slightly longer nail that is easier to bend. This doesn't happen with smaller pads. At least not as much

Again thank you everyone!!!

Great job,you took down that red quickly, :rock How did it feel in those wraps?

Well I tried to get it as fast as I could :D It hurt just a little, but still okay. There is good pain and bad pain. This was good pain!

Yes that's what I do. My best on it in IM pads is a slight kink (Not to mention I bent the easy bastard in IM pads in 12 seconds, I was ON that day). So I need to go with your advice. To attack it as hard as I can at first. And yes I also agree with you not to contact IM now until you are 100% ready. You don't want to mess the cert up :D I will contact them when I bend my new dark bastard in IM pads. They are like the 485 pounds Hex if not harder. Or if I can bend my 8mm stainless in leather in less than 1 minute.

Edited by Alawadhi

Yes that's what I do. My best on it in IM pads is a slight kink (Not to mention I bent the easy bastard in IM pads in 12 seconds, I was ON that day). So I need to go with your advice. To attack it as hard as I can at first. And yes I also agree with you not to contact IM now until you are 100% ready. You don't want to mess the cert up :D I will contact them when I bend my new dark bastard in IM pads. They are like the 485 pounds Hex if not harder. Or if I can bend my 8mm stainless in leather in less than 1 minute.

12 seconds?! :blink You where ON that day!!

I've got some stuff from FBBC that prolly will arrive in a week or two. Are the hard dark bastards from an old batch, or are they the current bastards?

Nice! :rock

I've got some stuff from FBBC that prolly will arrive in a week or two. Are the hard dark bastards from an old batch, or are they the current bastards?

They are the new ones. I got them maybe about 3 month back? Very hard stock. Harder even than the shiny on the intial kink (about 10 to 20 degrees).

Here is the picture of that bend http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=5423 But those bastards are nowhere near the new one. Not even the reds. They calibrate at 385 pounds like the 1/4 sq. But to be honest the bastard is much stronger so it proves what Gazza said "the poundage doesn't tell the whole story of the bend" :D

Edited by Alawadhi

They are the new ones. I got them maybe about 3 month back? Very hard stock. Harder even than the shiny on the intial kink (about 10 to 20 degrees).

Here is the picture of that bend http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=5423 But those bastards are nowhere near the new one. Not even the reds. They calibrate at 385 pounds like the 1/4 sq. But to be honest the bastard is much stronger so it proves what Gazza said "the poundage doesn't tell the whole story of the bend" :D

I guess I'll be getting some hard bastards then :dry . But maybe as you say, bend theese in IM wraps and the cert will be definite!

A 12 second bastard, nomatter the calibiration is incredible. And down to just 1"!

And thank you autolupus and nockow! I just realized that this bend was in 29 seconds! That means that the past 4 reds have all been in 29 seconds :blink .

Very nice Bend David :rock Good Idea getting some recent stock to help make sure of the strength you will be getting to cert with. I have some Reds at about 400, 435 and as hard as the hard Bastards. Again, Congrats!!!!

You are ready David. With the adrenaline of the cert you will destroy it and feel no pain. Email Strossen before I do it for you!

- Aaron

You're ready, David... for a CUTDOWN Red!

Jäävligt bra gjort David :rock Du är lätt redo att certifiera

Thank you everyone!

I am honored!

Acorn and Booyah, both super benders with great advice. I'll take them both and compromise. As soon as I'm sure that I'm actually bending the new harder reds. Even though the change happened for more than a year ago. I havn't been getting them directly from Ironmind. And there is a possibility that the guy that I bought them from has had them laying around for a while. But he is getting some new reds now at the end of the month. If I can bend them then I'll call someone

Thanks eric! I've tried a cut down red(done a 6,5" at best with thick pads) but I'll try with IM pads and se how I do.

Tack så mycket Mats och Erik! :D Jag ska försöka!

I found your topic where you said the Reds are impossible to bend!

WOW I just read here post #25 and you said do people really bend this (the red nail)? :D Now when is the day you gonna bend a big G8 and look at your past and say "did I said that?" :D