Had A Fun Little Bend Today

John Beatty

tried a piece of brass I got recently, hit a 7" x 3/8", then a 6". It's not a Gazza bend, but it was fun.

Well done on those bends! Where do you rate them? I heard they vary a lot. From a big bastard to stronger than the big G5!

John,

That's a nice bend. A 6 inch piece is great. Nice looking stuff too.

Maybe a "golden bastard" in the works?

Tim

The last time I tried one of those I was barely at Red nail level, so it didn't even budge for me. Nice work on that 6 incher, John!

"Golden Bastard" might apply because of the price. How much does that brass cost, John?

Nice Bend John!!! HMMM Golden Bastard Sounds Cool :mosher I want some :calm

Nice bend John the 1/2inch stuff looks really cool as well when bent.

6inch by 3/8 brass is a BIG bend dont let that brass deceive yoy it ramps up pretty quick.

Thanks guys! I haven't done anything odd like that for a long time. It wasn't bad at all at the start, maybe a little tougher than a Bastard, but not much, then at about 90 it got all springy (which I'd heard brass does), & the finish crush was pretty tough, I'd rate it close to a Big Shiny, maybe a bit harder, not as tough as an Edgin at all. I'm going to try a 5.5" piece in a few days. I don't remember the price, but maybe a Golden Bastard could be done. I'll pick up a piece of 1/2 just so it can make fun of me, Gazza, it'd be fun to try it. Maybe call that a Fat Golden Bastard.

I like the brass as well I have been paying about $2 each bar for 7".Its a good warmup for really tough bends and it is actually a tough bend itself.Definatley would be cool to have a cert for it!!!Nice work on the 6" John!!!

Brendan

Edited by ox3782

I've only tried one 7 inch piece that somebody - maybe Brendan or Chris - sent to me. I almost got it but the last 1/2 inch or so got me if I remember right.

1/2 inch!!!!????? Crazy stuff.

Tim