Armwrestling After So Long

David Horne

Elizabeth wants to win the British Armwrestling champs and the Strongwoman champs as well next year. So we did our first session today in a very long time (since early 2005!).

Anyway, it was fun and my shoulder seemed to hold up in most positions. But I had no speed, and felt weak, unlike Elizabeth who felt very strong!

This should be good fun, and maybe this will give me some goal for the future again, because since the GGC training, I've been a little at a loss at what to do competitvely. But saying that I am really enjoying my training with all the variety (Fitness, agility, and feats mixed with strength and bodybuilding training). I don't think these will hinder my a/w.

We shall see if I can get back into it.

David

Good to see ya back AW David, Im sure if you put your mind into it you will be winning some comps soon enough! All the best for your training to Elizabeth!

Brendan

These are great news! I wish you both good luck with your training!

good luck david hope you have a good time training and you have plenty of compititions to go to here in maryland its such a dying sport if you train for a good while theres no promises you will get to armwrestle that year unless you travel around to different states :D

Thanks guys.

My arm/shoulder feels ok this morning, which is a good start.

As far as what we want to achieve. Elizabeth wants to improve on her 3rd position in the 2001 World's in Poland. I believe she can definitely win the world's. As far as myself goes, any improvement for me would be great, and another British title would be great.

Bob,

The armwrestling is exciting, and we will have to juggle it with strongman training. We shall see how it goes.

Dan,

Our country is small and there seems to be enough contests to satisfy.

Robert,

I love training anyway, but for my competitive urges I need something to aim for. I'm wondering if the a/w will do this for me again like last time, as I've gone a bit flat with the grip scene.

David