Help Me Get To Coc#3

khfm865

Dear All,

I am finally back on my grip training after my finger tip has recovered from a fracture playing rugby in the summer - DOH!

Anyway, I have been training for 2 weeks (4 months off since break) to build some endurance in the old fingers again - no pain which is great.

I have been doing 5 sets of 5 with COC#2 (not to failure - just greasing the groove). I have hit some easy singles with my COC#2.5 and some triples with my HG400. Twice a week for 2 weeks

Been doing some wrist curls with my rolling thunder handle and deadlifts to 80kg.

What approach should I take to getting this COC#3 (2006) closed? Any help with routines. I train all my body also and have not responded to the high volume routines in the past.

I was thinking about working up the reps on the COC#2.5 in terms of overall volume until I can get 3 sets of 3. Then have a blast at the 3.

Any tips from you grip beasts would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Bill

xrated618, I've watched your video on YouTube.

How harder #1.5 than #1 ?

And how harder #2 than #1.5 ?

Is it worth to jump from #1 over it to #2 ?

Edited by Coc1

Jump for #1 to #1.5 Isn't big.

#1.5 to #2 feel much bigger than #1 to #1.5.

And you mean that you don't use #1, but jump to #2? If you can't close #1 and try to work with #2 that's quite amful. You propably give up or broke your hands. Training with too strong gripper is frustrating, especially for beginning.

Edited by Koura

Jump for #1 to #1.5 Isn't big.

#1.5 to #2 feel much bigger than #1 to #1.5.

And you mean that you don't use #1, but jump to #2? If you can't close #1 and try to work with #2 that's quite amful. You propably give up or broke your hands. Training with too strong gripper is frustrating, especially for beginning.

I think he meant to jump from the #1 to the #2. You can jumnp from the #1 to the #2 but it is MUCH easier to get the #1.5 and have a tweener. Tweener grippers (ones in between major goal grippers) are always very helpful in helping you achieve your goal and are always a good idea.

Also I agree with Koura both of those jumps are relatively small which is why it's be helpful to have a #1.5.

Oh. my mistake. I read sloppy.

Yes, if you can close your #1 and then want to try working with #2 just take a shot. But it's still much sensible close first #1.5. Especially because we have those tweeners here today! :)