Atlas owners & users

Rick Walker

What are your opinions on the closure pressure table put together by PDA?

I am sure the numbers are correct, but, if this is the case, the COC grippers are way off their original rankings (100, 140, 280, etc.)

I have held 100 pounds shut on my atlas, yet I cannot consistenly close the #3 COC yet.

Just wanted some opinions-please keep it clean-no bashing of any companies is asked for.

Just some opinions and weights used by other atlas owners-

Rick Walker :hehe

Um, you lost me man ??? !  I am not sure what you are talking about-

Also, back to the Atlas topic, how come you can cheat the weight up and hold it shut-but the same weight you can't even come close to closing from the open position?

Even when the sweep is shortened considerably?

In some ways, the Atlas seems harder then the grippers (fully closing big weights-50lbs and up) and in others it seems easier (I can hold 100-lbs shut but I can't hold my #4 even close to shut!)

Strange.  But, I do know the Atlas is going to play a huge roll in me closing the #4 by my 28th birthday.  I have been experimenting with different angles on it, very interesting stuff!

Rick Walker  :hehe

Rick,

You can change angles?  How does that work?  What type of training do you do on the Atlas?  Sorry for all the questions, but I am actually considering purchasing an Atlas.