Bending Injury

Cunny

Some injurys can take a lot longer than 6 weeks depending on how bad.Is it in your knuckle joint or between?Some more info would help

Brendan

I know what everybody is going to say. Can you be more specific regarding the injury? Where at on your finger and such. Couple times I've had a sharp shooting nerve-like pain in my index finger and it did seem to take a long time to go away. If it's a deeper issue then you got me.

Is it from overhand bending?

Tim

It is a long the length of the finger but hurts mainly on the inside (next to the middle finger).It hurts most DO bending when I put pressure on the tip of my finger

Perhaps you strained or spraigned it.Or its a finger position issue injury with the DO I know I had to play with were I overlaped my fingers when I bend DO.Either way I would use it and dont abuse it try keeping the swelling down with Ice and Ibuprofen and use dexterity balls to get some good bloodflow going in the fingers and hands.They can only help you overall any how.Of course if it is real bad see the doc.I hope this helps

Brendan

Don't forget the hot and cold soaks a few or more times per day as well as what Brendan said :)

Graeme,

All I can say is that I've had a few finger injuries over my time, in fact nearly all of them have been non train9ing related, but they always take ages to clear. So be careful and not to inflame it anymore, and obviously ice, take ibuprofen and try contrast baths.

Hope it clears for you.

David

make how tells David : ice, take ibuprofen and contrast baths.

All advices are good. If I was you then I will use ice. Plus that injury in not really an injury. You will get used to it. Believe me. I was there and had this pain. But I ignored it and I just got used to it.

Graeme

Its your hands getting used to alot more bending i bet try working around it by doing reverse and du style and only doing do with 50-70percent strength bars just to keep in the groove also ice/ice,ice and a TENS machine.

I have these injuries all the time its mostly the crush on the do style when the pressure of the crush sometimes pushes your fingers sideways i just train around it with other styles for a few days and use the other styles more so i can still continue bending.

Idont forget you have probably started bending alot more often and in loads more styles since the comp than you did before it takes time for those tendons to strengthen mate.

Bucket o' sand.

Before you go to bed, heat your hand up under some hot running water, rotate and swirl it around in the sand for five minutes. Works great!

I had a similar problem that lasted several weeks, only to be fixed when my kid grabed my finger, pulled really hard and it popped. Pain was gone swelling went away in a few hours..??????????????????BK

Thanks for the advice everyone I think I will sort myself a bucket of sand out that is something I have always meant to do.

Its your hands getting used to alot more bending i bet try working around it by doing reverse and du style and only doing do with 50-70percent strength bars just to keep in the groove also ice/ice,ice and a TENS machine.

Where would you place the pads for a finger injury