Managed To Find Somewhere To Order Stock Uk!

kelki35

Finally after all my searching online and trying to figure out the metric and imperial conversions,because everything in the uk at diy shops always come in .mm, i managed to find a steel supplier in the uk that you can order from online,they also take paypal payments too!

So anyway i ordered myself these:

Round

3/16 + 12" length quantity 8 pieces

1/4 + 12" length quantity 5 pieces

5/16 + 12" length quantity 4 pieces

Square

3/16 + 12" length quantity 2 pieces

1/4 + 12" length quantity 2 pieces

Hex

Free postage under 30kg as well:)

Can't wait to have them in my hands!

Finally after all my searching online and trying to figure out the metric and imperial conversions,because everything in the uk at diy shops always come in .mm, i managed to find a steel supplier in the uk that you can order from online,they also take paypal payments too!

So anyway i ordered myself these:

Round

3/16 + 12" length quantity 8 pieces

1/4 + 12" length quantity 5 pieces

5/16 + 12" length quantity 4 pieces

Square

3/16 + 12" length quantity 2 pieces

Hex

Free postage under 30kg as well:)

Can't wait to have them in my hands!

do you care sharing where you ordered from?

No,there does not seem to be:) ,as everything under 30 kg gets delivered by Royal Mail.

Thats the problem i ran into when i was searching for places you could order from the internet,and if it wasn't that you had to have a minimum order,it would be that they only delivered to the midlands and surrounding areas,which i do not fall under.

I'm not saying it's the cheapest although it does seem to be quite affordable,but i have nothing else to compare it to in that respect.

But no just to clarifiy: no minimum order,you can pay by credit or debit card or even paypal,and because its royal mail they deliver anywhere,plus you have the option to have it delivered next day but that costs around £5.00 extra.

A quick bit of number crunching shows me that it's about 3x as pricey as FBBC stock but that's without taking into consideration P+P, even with P+P to UK I'm sure it would work out cheaper AND you'd have steel you can cert with. Probably OK for the odd piece you fancy trying. ;)

When I've bought generic stock the price was around £3 GBP per 3m length, 5/16" CRS(bright) round, and the same for a 6m length of 8mm HRS(black). :)

Good find amber, thanks for sharing. I drew a blank when I searched previously. I've ordered a bit of easier stock for volume training.

it probably is a bit more expensive than the FBBC stock,but thats because they include horseshoe and wrenches and bolts,but if i ordered the same amount of round,square and hex stock i'm not too sure it would work out that much more,not sure but i'll try and see how it would work out and get back to everyone.

But to be fair for us in the uk it is a lot more convienient just to order practice stock from there.

If you want to be certified on anything then yes FBBC is the only way to go:)

Well after another look and comparing the FBBC stock Autoplus is right it is a lot more expensive!

But at the same time it is more convieniant for practice bending and it gets to you a lot quicker as well.

Anyway i will keep on searching!

I'm sure i can find better:)

But for now it will do me until i'm ready to buy the FBBC stock.

sounds pretty good, i'llprolly order a small sampler from them before i commit to one type of stock or the other....having said that, i'd like to know how the two stocks stack up.....

Just recieved my oder today:)

So it only took 3 days to deliver,so the only thing to do now is cut it all to the required lengths,which considering i only have a hack saw to do it with might take a while:o

But i'm just so excited! My wife probably thinks i'm having some sort of breakdown,she really does not understand why i want to bend nails and steel,lol

"We are Born,not manufactured

We do not choose,We are chosen,

Those who understand need no explanation

Those that dont.......dont matter"