Strength Training For Armwrestling

pbo4muscle

Hallo guys!

I have been training at the gym for many yaers and now I am back again since 15 months. But I would like fit my training in the gym to my need of strength at arm wrestling.

Can somebody help me with such a program, or direct me to a link(-s) with such information?

I arm wrestle once a week on Sundays, and workout 5 days a week at the gym (Monday - Friday).

pbo

i would think doing curls,hamer curls, wrist curls, and some kind of rows would be best for AW and also some type of grip training.I usually work my arms on wed and practice on sun but sometimes i have to take a couple days off because of working arms twice a weak.If i could i'd work practice right before arms on the same day but the guys i train with have to work diferent hours

Hallo guys!

I have been training at the gym for many yaers and now I am back again since 15 months. But I would like fit my training in the gym to my need of strength at arm wrestling.

Can somebody help me with such a program, or direct me to a link(-s) with such information?

I arm wrestle once a week on Sundays, and workout 5 days a week at the gym (Monday - Friday).

pbo

The northeast board is good site but you need to become a member to view the training section which isnt that hard

Thanks for your reply Robert!

Working arms on Wednesdays, to keep that as far apart from AW on Sundays is my plan...

Working arms on the same day as AW... For my that would prolly be a total overload, and what ever one I started out with, I would hold back on the first and not perform so well on the other one. Arms twice a week no problem for me.

You guys never do legs?

Working arms on Wednesdays, to keep that as far apart from AW on Sundays is my plan...

Working arms on the same day as AW... For my that would prolly be a total overload, and what ever one I started out with, I would hold back on the first and not perform so well on the other one. Arms twice a week no problem for me.

You guys never do legs?

I CANT because i have knee problems but i wish i could

You guys never do legs?

I CANT because i have knee problems but i wish i could

Sorry to hear about that. I got a bad back, so I cant squat and deadlift anymore, but can still do plenty of other stuff for legs.

put a chair under a pull up bar put shit loads of weigth on you back . get your girl friend or some one to pull the chair out and hold.

i have been arm wrestling for 3 years and at the start of this year i did this to times a week. 10 to 25 sec hold.

got 2nd at arm wars

and won the british Nationals left and rigth 2007

well it works for me

put a chair under a pull up bar put shit loads of weigth on you back . get your girl friend or some one to pull the chair out and hold.

i have been arm wrestling for 3 years and at the start of this year i did this to times a week. 10 to 25 sec hold.

got 2nd at arm wars

and won the british Nationals left and rigth 2007

well it works for me

what weight you load for 10 to 25 sec?

Edited by pawel r

Pronated or supinated grip,close or wide grip?

Thinking about that... Holding at 90 degrees... Excellent grip, forearm and biceps work... Why not all four?

Other then the obious: Being totally numb the next day... Or week :rock