Coc #5

DAN PETERSON

I was able to talk to a certain proffessional Strongman, me and my friend asked him if he trained with COC grippers.  He said yes and he said he could do the #3 with ease and he was close to the #4 and then said he was about a 1/2 away on the #5.  Did he think I was stupid and was just yanking my chain because I'm young or was he serious.  He also said that there are only 12 #5 grippers in the world and that they are only available to pros.  So whats the deal?

That guy is a stupid spineless bull incompetent foolish ah0le for screwing you around like that. If a young kid asks him about training, he should see himself more as a role model & be less of a wannabe poser  liar. There ARE 5 IM grippers, they go trainer, 1, 2, 3, 4, and they are available to anybody who wants to buy one, not just 'pros' like him. I wouldn't believe a word he says.

[edited by admin: This is not an open forum for using bad language in this way. Never was. Never will be. Please don't do this again. Thanks.]

Guest RobbyTooSlobby

I would ask to see this #5 gripper....

Yeah it's not like Ironmind isn't running a business or anything.  If there was a #5 I think they would be trying to make money on it.

I'll give his Number one and his number two a squeeze - let me put the crush on him.

I wouldn't mind the BS but you know there ain't no such thing - who did he think he was kidding?

Dan,

If this 'strong' man lacks 1/2" in the 5, he most

certainly should be closing the 4 already. Of course,

as Nathan pointed out, if his numbering system is

based on trainer, 1,2,3,4, with 4 as the 5th in

line, then this means he lacks 1/2" on the 4 really.

What numbers are stamped on his handles? Or maybe

he has some grippers without stamping- this would

explain him counting the 4 as 5.

If he is within 1/2" on the 4, he is doing fine. Otherwise

he lacks knowledge of his terms.

I just thought that obviously that 'professional' strongman would remember when he was just a new guy, how would he like it if he went to someone for help, etc & got messed with instead. What kind of jerk does a thing like that?

I sort of thought that maybe he counted the trainer as 1 and went up from there.  i didn't really want to say anything because he is alot bigger than me.  It was shawn smith by the way.  He is at the Minnesota state fair with some lumberjacks and he presses a "375" pound log 5 times. its actually more lik 250. at least thats what my brother says.

Dan,

I can send him my #4, and if he can close it... he can keep it.  He won't make a dent in it, though... I can guarantee you that.

No, really.... get together with him and some of his grippers, and the story will be a lot different, you'll see.