Kettlebells

GarytheDino

I'm going to purchase a kettlebell or two. The best price with good quality that I can find seems to be at Muscle Driver USA. Are there any other good sources?

My kettlebells are all from Gill. The handles tend to be on the large side and rough. It's good for grip and low rep stuff, but if you are doing endurance work on snatches with smaller hands (mine are 7"), the larger handles can be a pain. I lucked out and got a 24k with a narrower handle the smoothed out very nicely with some sand paper and a file.

From what I understand the dragon door and lifeline kettlebells are better in this regard, but I have yet to try any other brands.

I'm looking at getting a 16K and a 24K it will cost me 139 at muscle driver usa and 171 at lifeline the others are at least as much as lifeline. New york barbell ones look pretty bad regardless of price. Does anyone know of muscledriverUSA quality. Some of these places are really slamming customers with shipping costs too. I checked e-bay and can't find much affordable there either.

Be carful on what brand you get.I bought a pair from power systems and they were crap.

They were made in china,the handles were very rough and to small for my hands.I ended up selling them at a loss.

I almost exclusively have dragon door KB's and a couple lifelines.The DD's come with a one year guarentee and are of good quality.The are a little more cost wise than others but woth it IMO.It's a one time buy that will last you a lifetime.

www.power-systems.com & www.performbetter.com are two more. Performbetter has about the same price as muscledriver.

IMO it's worth the extra $30 for Lifeline if you can't find anyone with positive things to say about muscle driver. I wasted a lot of time cleaning the ridges, lumps, and rough spots off my gill handles so they wouldn't eat my skin.

I don't own any kettlebells, so my opinion is probably worthless, but I have used the Muscle driver bells once and everything seemed just fine with them. One of my training partners bought a muscle driver bell and he likes it a lot.

I don't own any kettlebells, so my opinion is probably worthless, but I have used the Muscle driver bells once and everything seemed just fine with them. One of my training partners bought a muscle driver bell and he likes it a lot.

I bought mine from Dragon door they were good quality made in the USA don't buy anything made in China I learned my lesson what ever they sell from China is junk the equipment made in china falls apart.

Can't go wrong with Dragon Door kettlebells...US made...worth the extra $

Another fine kettlebell can be found here: www.superherostrength.com

Not any cheaper than DD, but a little different feel...Canadian made.

I would go with the American made Dragondoor kettlebells. I have the 16k,24k, and 40k and all are top quality. I have used others at gyms and they do not match the shape and balance as the Dragondoor kettlebells.

• 3 weeks later...
Maybe try Lifeline USA.

Let me expand my suggestion:

Dragon Door definitely makes the best (as shown in the "Enter the Kettle bell DVD) I own multiples of the 16, 24, 32 and 40 kilo, have used them indoors and outdoors for years with no problems.

I have heard that Lifeline USA sells very high quality as well, as one of theri folks, Mike Mahler (a former Dragon Door instructor) is now with Lifeline USA and puts out a competitive product to DD.

Definitly good prices but remember you get what you pay for.

Well, its Glen Pendlay's site and he makes a pretty nice olympic bar for the money, so I'd imagine the bells are decent too - who knows though.

Here's what i went with.....perform better 16K and 24K for $142 shipped. Shipping was 12.99. I didn't get raped on shipping.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6571

I've bounced the 16k across the mat and concreate and it holds up fine. You can also attach weight to the bottom.

Edited by GarytheDino

Awesome, I hope they work out for you. I dont get the shipping quote though - every other company out there charges up the butt for shipping but this company only charges like $16.00 (I checked) to ship a 48kg bell (their heaviest). Which carrier did they use to ship it to you Gary?

UPS, and the first one came in two days, the second one was on back order. They gave me the choice of cancelling or waiting for it. They didn't charge me until they shipped it. The second one also came in two days once they recieved it.

Their site is set up so that you can see the shipping without filling in everything also. It's all up front with no surprises. I'm very satisfied.

Are there any general fitness stores that sell kettlebells? or do they pretty much have to be ordered online?

I've seen them at play it again sports and sports authority here in Tucson. I have a 35# one that a friend bought me for my birthday up there in phx at a sports authority as well.

- Aaron