Arizona Cactus Grip Showdown I

acorn

I'm still not 100% form my surgery in July I'm not able to bend any big bars yet. Everytime I try to bend I just irritate my shoulder, so don't expect any big bends out of me. I'm so-so on grippers and suck at events that take big hand(and strenght). I will gladly take the last place prize. I hope it is a good contest were everybody learns form each other and walks away stronger.

Well I'll just be happy to meet you Bill. Wow not to be cocky and please don't take it that way but I might stand a chance at 2nd! Because obviously Aaron's locked in at first at this point. :D

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• acorn

• vikingsrule92

• FatBoy

• BrandonA

I sure wish I was closer - sounds like it's going to be a great contest!

I would definately attend If I was closer, seems like your guys will have a nice event

I sure wish I was closer - sounds like it's going to be a great contest!

Thank you for sponsoring the contest with a climber curl! I wish you were closer too!

I would definately attend If I was closer, seems like your guys will have a nice event

Thank you Steve / GripEmpire for the awesome prize package you sent. 3 RB grippers and 2 books! Someone is going home happy!

-Aaron

a climber curl eh? i might have to jump in this one. a little training on the climber curl and Josh Dale's arm is getting broken this summer! :D just kidding of course. use caution when arm wrestling that guy. my arm was hurting for a month afterwards.

a climber curl eh? i might have to jump in this one. a little training on the climber curl and Josh Dale's arm is getting broken this summer! :D just kidding of course. use caution when arm wrestling that guy. my arm was hurting for a month afterwards.

Haha are you planning on coming Ryan?

It will take more than climber curls for the Gecko King to prevail :D Josh will strike fear in him by warming up with 45lb blob lifts beforehand.

It will take more than climber curls for the Gecko King to prevail :D Josh will strike fear in him by warming up with 45lb blob lifts beforehand.

Why would that inspire any fear? What use are blobs under 50 lbs? I don't get it. ;)

Why would that inspire any fear? What use are blobs under 50 lbs? I don't get it. ;)

Haha way to make us feel bad Bob!!!

Ryan, well it'd mean I'd get a place lower but it'd be cool to meet you, I hope you make it out man!

i will not be able to make it to the contest. i apologise to Aaron. i don't even plan on doing the Mi. contest either. the fire is not their anymore. this stuff will always be in my blood so i know i will came back sometime.

i will not be able to make it to the contest. i apologise to Aaron. i don't even plan on doing the Mi. contest either. the fire is not their anymore. this stuff will always be in my blood so i know i will came back sometime.

I hope you come back soon buddy!

Sorry to hear this news. Ryan, I sent you a PM.

Haha way to make us feel bad Bob!!!

Ryan, well it'd mean I'd get a place lower but it'd be cool to meet you, I hope you make it out man!

Derek, My pinch is really streaky, so you are welcome to make fun of me during my next "slump".

Ryan, hope to meet you one day at a contest. You have too much talent to stop now. Your axle work is off the chain. :rock

Sorry you can't make it Ryan. With all the Powerlifting and dabbling in Strongman, maybe a short break will help.

Looks like a great Contest. Couldn't ask for better events.

Wish I could make it down.

Sorry you can't make it Ryan. With all the Powerlifting and dabbling in Strongman, maybe a short break will help.

Looks like a great Contest. Couldn't ask for better events.

Wish I could make it down.

Thanks Dave, Really wish you could make it down too!

Went to the PL gym where we are having the comp today and did a demo workout of the events. Seems like a few guys are interested in doing the comp. Gonna do another one there next week so that word of mouth can get any of the other interested guys in there for it.

- Aaron

If you haven't already, put up a few fliers at the gym.

Feel free to ask about any interest on the main P+B training board, where you might get a little more traffic than on the grip section.

If you haven't already, put up a few fliers at the gym.

Feel free to ask about any interest on the main P+B training board, where you might get a little more traffic than on the grip section.

Thanks Bob, I did have a few fliers up there and it had already sparked some interest. a few different guys when they saw me bringing in the axle asked excitedly are you the grip guy?! I met a guy there Bob with hands smaller than yours that squats 900, and DL 675. he couldnt do 300 on the axle DL DO, but he could do it overhand thumbless (SICK!)

As soon as I get a chance, I will post on P&B in the main section thats a good idea.

- Aaron

Aaron do you have any suggestions for a hotel in the area of the contest. I checked online and most of the places are booked or well out of my price range. Any ideas would be great.

Aaron do you have any suggestions for a hotel in the area of the contest. I checked online and most of the places are booked or well out of my price range. Any ideas would be great.

Man your not kidding, most of the ones I checked were either booked up or very poorly rated. Here is a decent one not too far from the comp that still has some availability. Four points Sheraton University, rate was $119 a night though. http://reservations.hotel-guides.us/hotel/...-11271240O.html

Thanks Aaron. I will bring the INCH with me and some big bending stock. Kevin is talking about not going now that I plan on staying overnight and not pulling a 20+ hour turn around.

Thanks Aaron. I will bring the INCH with me and some big bending stock. Kevin is talking about not going now that I plan on staying overnight and not pulling a 20+ hour turn around.

Cool! btw would kidnapping him be out of the question? ;)

- Aaron

So Kevin might be coming? The way you said it was confusing Bill.

You're bringing and Inch!!! Awesome even though it'll take me two hands to lift it that ought to be fun to play with :D.

Thought I would put up the prize list, it may change slightly by the time of the contest but these are the items here or in route.

Climber Curl (Chris Rice)

2 $25 gift certificates for CoC gripper, Tug or Egg from (Ironmind)

3 RB grippers from (GripEmpire)

2 books, Ironmind: Stronger Minds Stronger Bodies, and Paul Anderson: The Mightiest Minister from (GripEmpire)

Custom Trophies Places 1st thru 5th by (BrandonA)

2 Grippers from (Hammar Sports)

Knee, Elbow, wrist wraps or Braces from (APT's Pro wrist Straps)

Thumb training loop (acorn) maybe more if I get a chance

Not sure whats coming from DieselCrew yet

Tshirts - first 20 to register.

Prizes will be in a Prize pool.

1st - 5th will get 2 prizes each and will each get to pick one, then after 1st thru 5th has picked they will get to pick the 2nd one. I most likely will not be taking any prizes myself though.

After 1st thru 5th has picked their prizes any left will go to the remaining places.

I want to send out a big THANK YOU :rock to all the sponsors and people who have helped me get this comp going!

2 1/2 weeks left to go.

- Aaron

Did you ever get a t-shirt design? I love Tucson and grip both and was wondering how the design came together. Hopefully I'll be able to come next year and compete.