Advice

pburke23

Hey guys, so I've browsed the boards for the past few days looking for some answers, and I'm a little confused.. so I'm just going to ask on here, currently

I can close the #2 COC, my goal is the next step, the #3.

After reading, I'm confused about how I should be training my grip, high volume...low volume...negatives...over-crushes... I know probably, as with most

training, not everyone is the same and don't respond the same ways to the the same types of training, so there's probably not a best way out there.

However, can someone recommend a good routine for someone relatively new to the grip world? or any advice on gripper training in general would be awesome. Thanks guys.

Hey guys, so I've browsed the boards for the past few days looking for some answers, and I'm a little confused.. so I'm just going to ask on here, currently

I can close the #2 COC, my goal is the next step, the #3.

After reading, I'm confused about how I should be training my grip, high volume...low volume...negatives...over-crushes... I know probably, as with most

training, not everyone is the same and don't respond the same ways to the the same types of training, so there's probably not a best way out there.

However, can someone recommend a good routine for someone relatively new to the grip world? or any advice on gripper training in general would be awesome. Thanks guys.

Another question I thought of, how effective is progressive resistance to grippers, as in the COC helpers, the ones that are an extra 22lbs each i believe, and come in a pair.

Negative and overcrushes are some of the greatest builders of the final crush and are very easy to do. They are also very easy to provide progressive resistance as you asked, because you can crush harder and harder or hold the negative at a stronger position. Filing grippers is another way to provide extra resistance (and ROM) at the end of the gripper, but has a greater drastic effect on your grippers. Both low and high volume can work though if you wanna focus on grippers by themselves high volume will be more beneficial IMO.