Who's the grip daddy

Guest scott essery

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who's the grip daddy

• Yes
    • No

Guest 115-1005574997

The title of GRIP daddy

Forget thick bar daddy, forget the crushing daddy, come January we are going to see who is the undisputed GRIP daddy!  If SG manages to complete all his goals for January’s records day he WILL be the best in the world.  No argument, no messing.  Weaver stick record holder, rolling record hold and next to close the 4.  Crush daddy, leverage daddy, and thick bar daddy all rolled into one.

Targets for the day include

Weaver Stick (20 lbs)

2.5 inch thick handled Bell (300)

Rolling Thunder (300)

CoC (4)

and possibly as above to amuse myself

Partial Deadlift (1100)

Should SG be given the official title Grip daddy crown if he completes all his aims for January at Pullums?

Guest Mikael Siversson

Sorry Steve, but David is still the man to beat in my view as he is very strong in all aspects of the grip. No weak areas.

Hmm. David correctly states that my flexors are a weak point as regards TTWC or reverse wrist curls and after January I will work on those but IF I manage the Number 4 and break 300 etc on the RT surely a little kudos. Perhaps a Grippage T-Shirt?.

On that will Wannagrip sponsor the comp by sending over say 3-4 T-shirts for competitors to win if they break records on the day?

HAH!

There are no subscription $$ paid for what resides on this site unlike, for example, your mag.  

I laughed when you sent that email looking for donations. You had me obviously confused with someone else.

Actually, send a donation to keep this site open. :)

One can but ask...

Anyway, just so's people know, the magazine doesn't make any money and never has. Once or twice a year I may treat myself to a something from the Ironmind brochure but thats it. This year I had a scanner (which is 4 weeks old and I have broken the #### glass on!!).

My website selling whey is another matter entirely.

Anyway wanna I thought you was rich :p

PS: Like wanna I too have a day job to pay the bills.

Guest Mikael Siversson

Steve, if you close the #4 you would obviously become the king of crush. It is really a pity that you cannot come in March to Sweden as I believe you would do very well.

Anyway wanna I thought you was rich :p

PS: Like wanna I too have a day job to pay the bills.

HAHAHAH!

In fact, I am about to go off to my real job in a few minutes. :)

P.S. How in the heck did you break the scanner glass!?

I reckon Steve was trying to get a photo,of his head before it got any bigger,and his head got jammed and broke the glass!

Your head can get as big as it wants with lifts like those!

Got a scanner hear.A4 size.Black Widow make,if its any good to ya,after you brake any off those records in Jan,might need a bigger one to get your head in tho!

Let us no if you want it Steve,will send it recorded delivery !

Nearly forgot the price!!!!!!!To you Nowt!!!!!

What a bunch of cheeky gits!! Big head, me? I only have the record (I actually do have a big head - hat size 7 3/4).

King of Crush - I can live with that (just :p).

Gazza that would be great. I'm on lates this week (1430-2230) so will be in - ples send and THANKS, you're a life saver.

Steve

You are going to have your work cut out to win the ‘grip daddy’ title by the looks of things.  Just make sure you mash that #4  - I can’t wait to see it go down.  Do you intend to use any specific training techniques for your assault on the monster?

Also, you talk about other competitors? I was under the impression it was just a Steve G showcase?

No way. I you guys come I want you to put on a display and if the 'groove thang' is happening and you feel like a record then thats what we're doing.

What I'm looking for right now is a schedule of events. I need a) for it to last a certain amount of time (that'll keep peoples interest b) I'll need a rest between lifts c) some 'grip master classes for the weightlifters, bodybuilders and powerlifters that will attend.

So if a certain V-Bar daddy attended and say he brought Scott 'the phyche daddy' along with Gazza the dyno daddy and finally living legend David 'the master of all daddys' Horne, well that would be just fine - ahem

That and any other Grippage 'I wanna go' or 'I wanna watch' who want to attend - well that's great.

Names please!!

As I said Steve, I'll help, if I get a lift down with Jim or Scott  ;) . I would prefer to just referee or help out, but if you want me to do something, then maybe I could bring down the One Hand Pinch apparatus. It's not too heavy.

Have you got the go ahead yet?

David

I spoke to Steve@PUllums yesterday (Tuesday 27) and he's well up for it. As per my earlier posting he's even talking of an annual event!! He also said 'what about other lifters?' which I said would be ok as it makes it more of a day (they have helped out with equipment for a local strongman comp and have barrells etc).

Please do come and referee and like I told Jim if the feeling grabs ya... Bring the Pinch apparatus too!

All I need is a finite date!!

Steve

Will get the scanner off in the post to you tomorrow.

Dave thanks for the compliment,thats what were all hear for,isnt it,to make life easier!

Steve,i dont mind bringing along the Dyno,and the replica inch,if wanted,also the pda inch plate loader,just give us the nod!

How about sein if the other thick bar Kidder,Chris James,will come and put my inch replica overhead 1 handed,and be the 1st in britain to do so!

Nice to see all the publications gatting involved,all the hard work on your behalf is paying off!

Please do bring the Dyno and the Inch replica - that'd be great and give Joe Public a chance to get in on the act.

Big Chris - wanna another go at the Inch. This time one handed?

Has everybody forgotten about John Brookfield?

I think Brookfield is a performer, whereas David Horne and Steve Gardner are competitors.  I think the title should belong to a competitor.

• 3 weeks later...

In pinching, crushing, and thickbar Horne and Gardner may have Brookfield beat or are competitive against him.  But if you include bending as part of gripstrength, I think Brookfield is far more well-rounded than the other guys.  Can anyone else bend 278 60d nails in two hours?