Wrist twist

Guest Lee

Hi everybody,

I've read about Wrist twist in a Bruce Lee's book (he twist a dumbbell without plates at one end) and some website. How much does it help to improve wrist strength and grip ?

Lee

Lee,

Pronate/supinate.  I've done it for a long time.  It was the one grip related thing that I did before I found the gripboard.  It's a great exercise IMO for grapplers and martial artists, as it allows you to twist out of the grip of much stronger opponents.

dyoder16

Lee,

I don't use much.  I use about a 15" bar, it's actually an old triceps bar for the lat pulldown machine.  I think last workout I used 8 1/2 lbs. on the end.  I also add a little tape to the handle where I grab it each workout to make it thicker.  It's slow but steady.  Eventually I want to get to where the handle is 2 1/2 " .  I also microload it with PDA plates.  Going up 2 1/2 lbs at a time was nearly impossible for me.  

New york barbells has a bar specifically for this.

www.newyorkbarbells.com

dyoder16

Guest Canthar

I'm using the Heavy Hammer II from Ironmind for this is a 2in handle. I do full twists, complete range of motion. Be very careful going full range but I believe it is essential. Right now I'm using 7.5 lbs.

Nic