Pda Mongo 4-1/2" Diameter, 86 Pounds

ttmett2001@yahoo.com

Hi does anyone have this bar? If you do what do you think of it ? because I'm thinking of getting one.

PDA Mongo bar 4-1/2" diameter

thanks

Dont own one, but I do have a non PDA 3" bar and thats rarely used. You'd have to have huge hands to do much with a 4.5" bar brother - about the only thing I could think of for normal folks like us would be over/under grip lifts or zercher stuff. I do have several PDA products though and the quality is top notch so I'd image the bars are right up there with the best.

Get and use a telephone pole and train with that. :blink

O.K., I'm kidding of course - it's just... the damn size of it AND the cost (BTW, what does that thing cost anyway?).

No really - just get and use something more realistic to your hand size and train with that. IMO, a 4 1/2" thick bar is just crazy... :yikes

4.5" will do next to nothing for grip, the widest you'd really want to go(assuming you have human sized hands) is maybe 3" or 3.25". In reality I'd say a 2.5" handle is perfect, grip competitions don't use anything over 2.47 and then it's only the Inch DB while most other stuff is 2" like the axle DL. Getting used to a 2.5" handle would make a 2" bar feel small.

4.5" will do next to nothing for grip, the widest you'd really want to go(assuming you have human sized hands) is maybe 3" or 3.25". In reality I'd say a 2.5" handle is perfect, grip competitions don't use anything over 2.47 and then it's only the Inch DB while most other stuff is 2" like the axle DL. Getting used to a 2.5" handle would make a 2" bar feel small.

Thanks I'm going to get a 3'' bar instead I'll email Fat Bastards he has great thick dumbbells and equipment at reasonable prices I'll see if he will make me a 3'' barbell I already have his 3'' dumbbells I like the feel of working out with thick equipment.

thanks for the info

We have used a 3.5-inch thick dumbbell at the British before. However, the PDA site states (for that item) it's good for pressing.