I Need Some New Goals...all Advice Is Welcome

Too Tall

Guys...I am trying to set some new grip goals...and I need your help :rock

Yes, I would love to CC set a new #4...but that is not realistic :(

This is what I have been thinking about:

* I am trying to go after the MM6 (not to far away...with a little time...I will get it)

* Florian and Burk want to see a double Inch FW...I am currently training for it...and the blob/inch FW for more distance than I have done.

* I want to give another go at the Grip Gauntlet

* Bend a KOAB

* I thought about giving a go at the RT WR...ever since the new talk about it

I am just trying to go after and make some new goals...I need your help.

Thanks,

Chad Woodall

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Too Tall

• Alawadhi

• burkhardmacht

• lifesnotfair

Thick bar.

Double farmer the Inch (beat Joel Swards record).

RT WR.

Close the Ironmind Guide for max reps, that would be fun...sort of.

My 2cts:

1-RT - tough competition - getting this goal will set you apart from the rest

2-MM6 - tough competition, but there arent as many big names doing the grippers (compared to the RT anyhow)

3-Dbl Inch and Inch/blob - You're already doing this, going a little farther wont be much of a goal for you (IMO)

4-Grip gauntlet would be pretty good one

5-Bending is a good one too, but not as recognizable (outside of the gripworld) as the MM6 or RT.

Imo, if you've got the handsize and strength to legitimately do an RT WR, I'd do that!

Lift a blob with 2 fingers + thumb.
done this before...nice choice btw :rock
My 2cts:1-RT - tough competition - getting this goal will set you apart from the rest2-MM6 - tough competition, but there arent as many big names doing the grippers (compared to the RT anyhow)3-Dbl Inch and Inch/blob - You're already doing this, going a little farther wont be much of a goal for you (IMO)4-Grip gauntlet would be pretty good one5-Bending is a good one too, but not as recognizable (outside of the gripworld) as the MM6 or RT.Imo, if you've got the handsize and strength to legitimately do an RT WR, I'd do that!
Cool...thank you :rock

2 finger and a thumb on 3 35s?

Holding the #3 shut by the last two fingers?

Throw the Inch from hand to hand?

I've always thought an actual Inch clean like Mark Henry's was one of the greatest feats I've ever seen. It's about as realistic as a CCS of a new #4 however(but still achievable!).

An MDB lift

Pressing the Inch

Hard #3 with ring and pinky is an awesome one

MM6 cert(I think this is as hard as an old #4)

2 45's with 1 finger and thumb

You could also try to beat Ryan on the axle DL! From what I saw at the BBB your not too far behind

KOAB

RB365

RB400

Goal #1: Retire from Grip:D

You should definetly go after the RT WR, you've got all the tools

Lift MDB

Clean the Inch

Wrist curl the Inch

Find a #4 right around 200 and CCS it. You've got the handsize and using 152 as a base on the RGC, that's a real #4. The cert is a crapshoot with everyone getting different grippers.

Hammer curl a blob

Parallel set a Pro with 1/4" mounting and 2.75" spread (post-seasoned, they shrink on the last couple I bought).

Bro would love to see you close the MM6. Dave has been lonely for too long :D I think you'd have the RT record in the bag too with some specific training. Inch FW? Hell yeah

2 finger and a thumb on 3 35s?

Holding the #3 shut by the last two fingers?

Throw the Inch from hand to hand?

:laugh You are a trip...very funny :rock

1. Pinch 2 45s in each hand at the same time

2. Close a #3 in each hand at the same time

I have done these in the past...good suggestion though :rock

Hit the world record in all the major Euro lifts- Pinch, Vbar, Grippers, reverse bending, maybe one hand dead.

You'll have a nice moving target there, and if you can hold the record in all of those at the same time, you'd be more of a certified grip superstud than you are now, a "cement your place as the best by a mile" kind of thing.

Also, to beat David Horne would be a good one, on his home turf if you can afford it. I was pissed that David missed the GGC, and after seeing you in action I can't imagine you being beat.

I kind of agree with Bob, being the best is probably more of a challenge than simply hitting certain feats as being the best is a moving targets, it's got to be more interesting training to improve foever rather than hitting a certain feat. Especially as you know the quality of the guys who will be chasing you.

3-45s :D hahaha jk that's insanely unrealistic but it WOULD be amazing.

Nah I agree with some of the previous posts. It's be amazing to go after MM6, clean the inch, lift the MDB, CCS a #4, RT world record, etc. Have you ever tried wrist curling a blob (how unrealistic would that be out of curiousity)? If you could accomplish even one of those feats it would be ridiculous not to mention more than one.

It would also be AMAZING if you could pull off some WRs in Euro lifts as Bob mentioned.

There's LIMITLESS goals you could go after at this point and these are just a few

Reverse curl the blob by the face

MM6

Completing Sorin's Grip gauntlet would be amazing

MDB

250+ 2HP

Beating the 1HP record

Hit the world record in all the major Euro lifts- Pinch, Vbar, Grippers, reverse bending, maybe one hand dead.

Well, I had the 2hp WR once, and the vbar WR once, and I think still the euro gripper record(not sure...only thing is that I am American). The reverse bending would be cool and the OHL would be cool too.

I would love to compete against David H. one day...he is a a very tuff competitor...maybe that will happen someday.

All great suggestions Bob :rock

Edited by Too Tall

Your goal should be to get back to Salt Lake for some more Armwrestling Training.

I would love too Bob...hopefully I will get the chance real soon :rock

Chad, you could try placing second for a change. Sorry, I couldn't help myself.

I think the KOAB would be a breeze for you with a few months of solid bending training. The 5/16 x 7" grade 8 could fall for you within 6 months.