1st Try Closing Coc#3 Please Add A Comment

ewokhugo

After closing coc#2.5 last month i decided to pick coc#3 for the first time and get used to it ... i think i coulnt even move the gripper just holding ... just to have an idea , what do u think guys? my goal is to become mmlevel 0 next year, i know i will do it:-)

please check:

thanks.

i know the feeling mate...started up the negs with it today, wanna do the same goals as you, before and during class and it is a beast...but it'll come given enough patience and practice!

Nice attempt, I was far away like you when I just closed the #2.5 from MMS.

thanks for your support Filip:-) hehehe yes #3 its hard! 2.5 # its about 20 kg or something less , i closed it with no prob. Its a huge jump 2.5 to 3 only about 20kg doesnt seems to be much but its much more difficult than jump n1 to n2 ...

lifesnotfair: yes , please check :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phFTwzeMtbQ

one or 2 days before i did the same with about 15 seconds holding the coc#2.5.

Filip: its time to close #3 again .. u are in my heart a mash moster!

I closed Acorn's easy #3 with little difficutly and he said it was around 2.8, came to 3/16 on a slightly harder #3, I came within 3/8 of GetAGrip's hard #3, I could move Acorn's 3.5 to parallel and I'm stuck at parallel on my #3 :angry: Perhaps it's because they aren't as seasoned a gripper as Aaron's. I still have trouble MMS'ing my 2.5 though.

do u mean coc#3 are that different?

i read somhere they are different if they are from a different year(ex a gripper from 2005 se~ems to be harder than a coc#3 from 2007) .. how big is the difference in terms of pounds or kilos?

i brought mine in the beggining of 2007 but it may be produced before i guess ....

do u mean coc#3 are that different?

i read somhere they are different if they are from a different year(ex a gripper from 2005 se~ems to be harder than a coc#3 from 2007) .. how big is the difference in terms of pounds or kilos?

i brought mine in the beggining of 2007 but it may be produced before i guess ....

The easy #3 I closed was an older model, at least 2 years old I think, the slightly harder #3 I think was older also, GetAGrip's is probably a 2006 or later and I bought mine in Feb 07. So the newer #3's in my limited experience are harder.

i am not familiar with Acorn's grippers .. isnt Accorn a grip board member? i predict #3 is not the same as coc#3 right? in the end u said u still have troubles(sometimes) to close 2.5(are u talking about coc2.5 i guess...)

sorry for the misunderstanding , best wishes:-)

I have a minute, so I'll take a shot at this:

Grippers from any manufacturer vary. IM3, #3, CoC3, 3, all usually mean the same thing--any given person's Ironmind #3 gripper. Acorn is a board member and just happens to have a few different #3s from Ironmind. Anybody who has more than one or has tried more than one will tell you that they're not all the same strength. No definite correlation has been established between model year and strength. It really boils down to the actual materials and workmanship of each gripper.

When you see a rating, such as 2.8, that's usually the user's impression of the gripper's strength. In some cases, like that of Acorn, he has a Redneck Gripper Calibrator (RGC) which allows him to calibrate the closing strength of the gripper with weights. The poundage for each gripper translates into a rating that has proven to be fairly accurate.

So, Acorn has a IM #3 that calibrated at 2.8.

Good attempt at that #3. You got to start somewhere. I am sure you will improve quickly.

cannon: now i understand, thanks for your great explanation!

crobb: yes i know i need to work a lot its time to get used to this great gripper!

thanks dimmers i really appreciated your kind words!

today i did the same and i set the handles much closer than before .. i'll incorporate more often coc3 in my training:-)

Edited by ewokhugo

i think the more u do the better the perform will be. today i did a much better close . damm i must close it before chisthmas ..

Edited by ewokhugo