Boys, Be Humbled!

John Beatty

Shayna Fitzgerald at 130lbs BWT.

]275 Vbar275 vbar

www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXFqdSwxJho

Edited by John Beatty

Sad thing is my best is 281!

OMG! Those v-bar pulls are AMAZING!

I will say, her dl form could use a bit of help...she's so round in the back throughout the pull I can only think of one thing: BADBACKITIS. But, then again, if she had an arched back and faster hips she'd be even scarier...because she'd be pulling even more weight off the floor!

Great post, John!

Okay John, I used the "search" function. I typed in "Shayna Fitzgerald" and only came up with this one post.

Tell us more about her. Is she a World Champion Pullup Queen, your niece, what?

281 pounds at the bodyweight of 130??? ANY woman pulling 281 pounds is mind-boggling! Even if THEY weighed 281 pounds!!!

The Mark Henry Inch Lift was my favorite video. This one may be it now!

Shayna, with all sincerity, :bow:bow I would like to know if any woman in the world has come within 10% of that to date.

Liz Horne has pulled 112.5kg (248lbs) in a competiton, both left and right. Don't know what she has lifted in training.

Edited by The Mac

281 pounds at the bodyweight of 130??? ANY woman pulling 281 pounds is mind-boggling! Even if THEY weighed 281 pounds!!!

Excuse me, that was 285, not 281.

Maybe we should get Dale Harder to apply his mathmatical formulas and declare this the one of the closest female to male strength feats. In Track and Field, it is Paula Radcliff's marathon record. I think this is it in the world of grip. It is at least a SuperMaster close equivalent. Not a #3, but a mulitple rep SuperMaster close for sure. This is a big deal, be sure to tell her John.

:ohmy:whacked:unsure:blush ... in that order. Like it's been said, that's a great lift for a guy let alone a 130lb girl! Edited by MalachiMcMullen

Holy moly!

I wonder what her other grip lifts are like.

A point, I didn't try to count the plates yet, as I'm at work, but I wonder if the weight does not incluse the bar? then that would be 281 & 291. Wow!

A point, I didn't try to count the plates yet, as I'm at work, but I wonder if the weight does not incluse the bar? then that would be 281 & 291. Wow!

Yeah, I thought of that, but I mistakenly thought you had filmed it. So it probably is 6 pounds lower than reported if it is one of your bars.

I read a brief bio on her on PaxtonPowerGym.com, and see she is an experienced strongwoman, especially at deadlifting. On the man/woman comparison thing, it is really really something, practically off the charts. Wow is right!

Her husband emailed the info to me. I think it's amazing. No relation, just the wife of a customer. She is to Vbar what Elizabeth Horne is to bending. One of the coolest things I've seen!

Nathan posted it on Marunde.

She is hooking it. Her thumb underneath. Which, in my opinion, makes it harder. Takes nothing away from it. Very impressive life.

200 Farmer Hold:

She is hooking it. Her thumb underneath.

Uh-Oh! Red Light! Red Light! It changes everything, it explains everything! In England, before it caught on here in the Colonies, they were using Hook Grip. Huge numbers put up back then. They changed the rules.

Okay, she has an asterisk now in my book if that is the case.

Hahahahaha awesome! The hook grip thing saved my sad self esteem!

Every comp I have been in, I have made it my goal to at least beat Elizabeth Horne's total. I have narrowly succeeded.

Nathan posted it on Marunde.

She is hooking it. Her thumb underneath. Which, in my opinion, makes it harder. Takes nothing away from it. Very impressive life.

200 Farmer Hold:

Very strong! A little concern might be about proper back position when pulling....

There is another video on youtube with her pulling 230# part of the way up without a hook.

Still a great lift!

WOW very impressive!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan