Wrist Rolling Up And Down

ewokhugo

i'm interest to know how much weight do u use in your training doing this exercice ... up and down means rolling it up and slowly let the weight touch the floor.

Not having done it for quite a few weeks I have done 125-kilos / 275lbs on a 2.5-inch and 101-kilos / 233lbs on a 3-inch.

Not having done it for quite a few weeks I have done 125-kilos / 275lbs on a 2.5-inch and 101-kilos / 233lbs on a 3-inch.

Great lifting Steve.

I struggle to lift 80 kilos on a 2.5 inch.

Am not w/the big boys but I've done from 160# on 2" to 120# on 3"

HUGE difference between stabilized, mounted wrist roller in a rack, versus a free-standing wrist roller, just holding it out in front of you. My delts are way stronger so my hand strength is my limiting factor in free-standing wrist roller. My free standing pr's are about 15# on 3" to 25# on 2" Free-standing is FANTASTIC for thumbs & pinch & sore wrists, using thick wrist rollers.

very impressive guys! Steve have u done this amount of weight in stabilized mounted wrist roller in a rack or a free-standing wrist roller?

Ewochugo,

You need to specify.

What size roller,Clock wise or counter clock wise,knurled or smooth,in rack(and how high) or free standing.Lots of variables for wrist rolling.

yes steve u are right, i'm not very familiar with this exercice .. i mean stand up and .. its better to take a quick look at

how much weight with proper form can u use?

Supported in a rack with the hands turning it toward you. The 2.5 is lightly knurled the 3 inch is a FBBC and is smooth.

Edited by mobsterone

as seen in the video.. w/no supports.. i bang out sets of 5 (up and down) pronated and supponated (rest between pro and supp) grip with 25 lbs on my roller...

i picked up my roller @ dicks for ~20 bux... i dont think it can hold much more than 25-30 lbs (nylon rope holds the weight)

there is a machine @ the golds that i lift at that is a wrist roller (w/knurled grips)...

i can do the whole stack (says it's 180.... doubt it) all the way up and down w/out getting that much of a burn....

That fat bastard 3" roller is a bitch.With a little spit and some fast hand rubbing i've only done 203lbs with it in a rack.Steve you've given me something to shoot for.

Hugo, i don't usually do them with my arms straight out when doing them free style like your doing.My shouler endurance would probobly give out first.I usually will hold my upper arms to the side with my forearms out.Free style is much harder.I will have to see what i can roll that way and get back to you.

Intresting roller you have there.Did you make it?How does it feel with that taper?

Keep on rolling :rock

hi steve!

the guy its not me , just a link i found at youtube .. actually as u can see in the "immortal" pic of me ,i may look similar to him because my supposed "age(nothing agaisnt his age)

i'm much more ugly though:-)