Card Tearing

wscorpion

Hi Guys,

I've just torn my 2nd deck of cards ever (first one was 6 months ago with a very old deck), but I feel my technique really s*cks.

I know I shouldn't have started with plastic coated cards but they were the only ones available.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDqICzctRss

Any comments on technique are happily received ;)

Thanks!

Good job.

I'm new to card tearing, but I can tell you how I do it. One thing that has helped me with tearing cards is starting the tear with the deck parallel to the floor. I grip the deck with my left hand and start the tear with my right hand. Once I get the tear started I my grip to my right hand on top and my left hand on bottom. I squeeze tight and twist both hands in opposite directions.

This is my buddy Dan ripping a deck of cards with ease!

Give this way a try...

Edited by GetAGrip87

@nockowt1,

maybe it's just me, but the way you are holding your hands (or at least the explanation) is confusing :blush

Give this way a try...

This seems a much better technique then that what I was using. I started the tear with my pinky and that finger just isn't as strong as the rest.

I'll give it a try, thanks!

Edited by White Scorpion

Hi Guys,

I've just torn my 2nd deck of cards ever (first one was 6 months ago with a very old deck), but I feel my technique really s*cks.

I know I shouldn't have started with plastic coated cards but they were the only ones available.

Here's the video:

Thanks!

looks like a good tear to me some cards have small fibers that make them harder and there are bunches of different brands that are harder and easer to tear find one cheep brand and use then EricMilfeld had us use crown cards in the grip bash and they were medium in tear ability wallmart 2packs for a dollar :D

Edited by DAN PRAYDIS

Thanks Stew,

go get m :rock

Hi Guys,

Here's the video:

Thanks!

looks like a good tear to me some cards have small fibers that make them harder and there are bunches of different brands that are harder and easer to tear find one cheep brand and use then EricMilfeld had us use crown cards in the grip bash and they were medium in tear ability wallmart 2packs for a dollar :D

I know there are quite some differences but since all the cards you mention are most likely only sold in the US (at least I've never found them here) it's hard to compare.

The first deck I've torn was much easier then this one, but still quite hard. These were the cheapest cards (and the only one :D) I've found so far and these were 1 euro (approx. $1.50 per deck).

But still this technique doesn't work really well for me. I've tried it with 20 cards or so, and it was much easier to rip them like you would normally rip a piece of paper then with this style.

Edited by White Scorpion

@nockowt1,

maybe it's just me, but the way you are holding your hands (or at least the explanation) is confusing :blush

Give this way a try...

This seems a much better technique then that what I was using. I started the tear with my pinky and that finger just isn't as strong as the rest.

http://www.heavysports.com/emag/Clay_Edgin/cards.html

Figure 3 is how I start the tear. Figure 2 is how I finish it.

@nockowt1,

Give this way a try...

http://www.heavysports.com/emag/Clay_Edgin/cards.html

Figure 3 is how I start the tear. Figure 2 is how I finish it.

Thanks, that's an interesting read and I think one of those techniques will suite me more as well ;)