Reverse Bending

barbe705

I've been working on my reverse bending lately and I've run a couple of problem. I am off center by a good bit on every single bend. does anybody have a suggestion to correct this? I know that the off center is robbing me of some power that I really need.

brent

I had the same problem - I mark the center of the bar of course but then I found I have to put the "fulcrum" point or thumb knuckle real close to the center line mark. It results in a grip that is offset somewhat but results in a bend that is much more even.

Quick technique question here, as I want to improve my DU and reverse bending while still improving my primary style of bending, DO: how far onto the steel does one place the wraps for a reverse bend? Is it like DU, where the wraps completely cover the bar, or is there plenty of exposed bar, as in DO?

I leave a little gap in the middle, where I put the thumb knuckle. I don't find it comfortable resting the padded part there (weird aye?). No wonder the thumb knuckle is messed up after a square bar

Mats

I've been working on my reverse bending lately and I've run a couple of problem. I am off center by a good bit on every single bend. does anybody have a suggestion to correct this? I know that the off center is robbing me of some power that I really need.

brent

Hi Brent, I always mark the center and you just need to practice and adjust accordingly to do you best to get it at least somewhat centered. Make sure you have a straight edge secured to your protractor bottom to get a accurate reading :) I have mine kind of like this one except mine doesn't have the 40 deg one on it.

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/rever...ylebending.html bottom of the page.

Quick technique question here, as I want to improve my DU and reverse bending while still improving my primary style of bending, DO: how far onto the steel does one place the wraps for a reverse bend? Is it like DU, where the wraps completely cover the bar, or is there plenty of exposed bar, as in DO?

Hi Brad, for Reverse, I like having 1 wrap a little off center and the other towards the end of the bar.

DU, I like both wraps toward the ends of the bar. :)

Not too much of a gap buddy, because the nail/bar will be digging into your skin if there is too much of an open area.

Hi Brad, for Reverse, I like having 1 wrap a little off center and the other towards the end of the bar.

DU, I like both wraps toward the ends of the bar. :)

Thats how I do it to, one completely on and the other about half way on.

I've only just started bending but would say to keep the half mark towards the front end in reverse (as Chris said, hovering over the thumb knuckle) and bend it from there! :rock