The Perth Grip Strength Challenge 2007!

PERTHPOWER

sounds like it will be a kick ass competition, you guys should video and youtube it for all the people who cant attend

Great idea to film it and upload to YouTube. You could even make a viewing list and charge people a small fee to be added as viewees.

Good idea to video it.... wish we had the other night.... big al and stevie cherrie were battling for first place in two hand pinch after a training session quickly developed into a comp! Both lifted same weight.... Stevie was jumping around like the hulk (big lad!!) all red in the face when he pulled the winner!!!.... was great fun this comps gonna be competitive!!!

Hi Ryan,

Nice to see you on board.

Will hopefully meet up with you and your dad next year.

David

Thanks David,

Yeah will be good to meet you, Really looking forward to the grip comp,

Hopfully be the first of many!

Ryan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

Been quite hectic in the run up to THE PERTH GRIP STRENGTH CHALLENGE 2007 ( The first grip comp to be held in Scotland under the BHSA), but everything looking good for tomorrow.

Sponsors for the comp are:

www.perthstrongman.com

www.ironmind.com

www.prowriststraps.com

www.fatbastardbarbellco.com

www.dieselcrew.com

A few weeks back I changed the comp venue from my PERTHSTRONGMAN Gym to another unit less than a half mile up the road only to be told on Friday when I went to collect key that they had changed me to another unit, not to worry though, it's far better than the previous one.

The New Venue is Unit 10 NETHER Friarton, Friarton Road, PH2 8DF

Will be up early tomorrow to ensure everything in order at venue. Door officially opens at 10.30am, with Athletes briefing/warm up from 11.00am, and comp to start 12 noon prompt.

It is Free entry to all spectators and there will be complimentary Tea, Coffee & Orange Squash being served throughout the duration of the comp for competitors, officials and spectators alike.

All the best to those listed to compete tomorrow, we will have a great time :rock .

Yours in strength

"BIG AL"

Had a good day yesterday!..... managed to get first place although it was very close between the top four!.... finished second place on pinch, fourth on v bar, first equal on hub and second on baby inch hold. All the lads did great for first grip comp!!... just waiting on Al to post the numbers....

mike

Mike and Al,

Looks a great comp, and I know very well run.

Lot of effort by the promotor and competitors - well done!

And well done Mike on the win, but soooo close. Must have been a really exciting finish - fantastic!

I hope to come up and help out at next years Scotland's Strongest Hands comp, so will see you there.

David

Hi Everyone,

Sunday was a great day and we hope that everybody( Athetes, Officials and Spectators alike) had an enjoyable day.

Myself and Mike Daly, as Co-Promoters of THE PERTH GRIP STRENGTH CHALLENGE 2007, which is the first Grip competition to be held in Scotland under the banner of the newly founded BHSA(British Hand Strength Association) would like to SHOUT OUT a MEGA THANKYOU to the following:

To Sponsors:

PERTHSTRONGMAN www.perthstrongman.com

Randall Strossen and IronMind www.ironmind.com

Alan P. Thomas and APT's Pro Wrist Straps www.prowriststraps.com

John Beatty and Fat Bastard Barbell Co. www.fatbastardbarbellco.com

Jedd Johnson and Jim "Smitty" Smith and Diesel Crew www.dieselcrew.com

To David Horne www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com and Steve Gardener www.wheyconsortium.co.uk for founding the BHSA (British Hand Strength Association) and for all thier support and advice.

To John Burns and his team at Royal Mail Delivery Depot, Breadalbane Terrace, Perth PH2 8XX for assisting us to have all the competition plates and event equipment weighed as outlined by BHSA(British Hand Strength Association)

To Michelle Clark(BIG AL's sister)score keeper for the competition, for her excellent efficiency in recording the scoring and running order of competitors throughout the day.

To James Clark(Michelle's Husband) for doing a great job in assisting myself and Mike with the platform duties of loading and setting up of events.

To Nikki, Rachael and Blair( BIG AL's Wife, daughter and son) for serving up the complimentary Tea, Coffee, Orange Squash and Biscuits to Spectators, Officials and Competitors alike.

To All the others who assisted but didn't want to be named.

To All the Spectators who came along and supported the Competitors, despite the venue not being the warmest of places.

But, most of all, to All the Competitors, some of whom hadn't competed in any kind of strength event before, for not only "TALKING THE TALK" but "WALKING THE WALK" and putting in great efforts in every event and making for a great day.

It was a very close competition between the Top 4, there final placings having to be decided by countback. All four had a go at British and World Records on the various events outwith thier actual competition attempts, but to no avail.

However, only one man could finish on top and that man was none other than Mike Daly, Winner of THE PERTH GRIP STRENGTH CHALLENGE 2007!

Finally, to each and everyone of the Competitors who competed on Sunday, myself and Mike take our hats off to you most sincerely, because no matter how well everything else has been organised, without you guys there wouldn't have been a competition, in our eyes you are all winners.

Again, Thankyou, everyone.

Yours in strength

"BIG AL" and Mike "The Claw" Daley (Had to get it in somewhere Mike :rock )

Hi Everyone,

Have saved the results as pdf file, does anyone know how I can display/link it so everyone can view? :blush

Yours in strength

"BIG AL"