Ridiculous 1 Hand Deadlift Videos

Matt Brouse

I've seen their one hand snatch video before - strong guys. Because they're oly lifters, I'm pretty sure they're hooking it, but who cares, strong by any standards.

Ah yes, I forgot about the hook (still haven't tried it). Impressive numbers still though...

Looks like that's nearing Nick McKinless (according to Horne's page).

Hook grip is like ring lifting - a mental, pain tolerance thing. Pussies like me dont like it :blink Brad Gillinghams 837lb DL with a hook grip had to hurt a tad

I know quite a few of the guys in those 2 videos. The great all-round lifters Adrian Blindt and Rick Meldon are reffing on the right hand platform, also Frank Allen is lifting on that platform. On the left hand platform Frank Ciavattone is lifting.

It looks like it's from an early IAWA contest from the late 80's early 90's.

As you can see here

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/historyarticle7.html

Ciavattone holds one of the biggest One Hand Deadlifts done with an olympic bar.

David

Hook grip is like ring lifting - a mental, pain tolerance thing. Pussies like me dont like it :blink Brad Gillinghams 837lb DL with a hook grip had to hurt a tad

I hook my deads too. :rock

Cool, thanks David.

a Russian, Maxim Podtinny (sic), pulled 410kg/903lbs w/ a hook in the Sumo style a few years ago

also, Tim Brunner is a PL down in Texas, used to post on goheavy a fair bit, has done 700+ in the DL

Edited by pklidaras

I agree with Morgan...hook deads are friggin' BRUTAL.

Great find on the vids! Really impressive.

Goody

Goody

They are. My best was 189-kilos at the 2006 British and every time I went 160+ I would get skin tears on the thumb pad (right hand).

I one handed a Oly bar with 315 once, just messing around (hook grip). Could probably do a lot more once the pain tolerance in that grip went up.

Goody

They are. My best was 189-kilos at the 2006 British and every time I went 160+ I would get skin tears on the thumb pad (right hand).

I one handed a Oly bar with 315 once, just messing around (hook grip). Could probably do a lot more once the pain tolerance in that grip went up.

I can't hang with you boys! HAHAHAHAHA!

Goody