Grip Contest In Tucson In Feb 08

acorn

I'm interested in putting on a contest here in Tucson in Feb. 08. Haven't nailed down an exact date yet as I've been trying to find a location to have it. However if it looks to be 15 gripsters or less I will probably have it at my house. I would love to get an idea of who might be interested in coming, and dates that might work for everyone. I would say the weekend closest to valentines day is out though. Also would love to hear from any of the more experienced promoters with tips for putting this on. Not sure what the entrance fee would be yet maybe $20 or less but I would like to do t-shirts for the competitors and trophies for top 3. Let me know what you guys think about these events.

Grippers (biggest gripper closed)

Bending (scored same as MGC and BBB this year, hardest bar wins)

2HP (using Scotts pinch device)

2"vbar (FBBC all the way, one hand contested)

Blob load for time

DO Axle DL (not a Ironmind Axle at this point)

Thanks for your input,

Aaron

Of course I'll be there :D Awesome Aaron I can't wait.

I'm not sure which dates would work better for me yet but I'm flexivle as far as that goes.

Let me know what equipment you need from me (I know you need blobs and I could help fill the gaps with grippers too if you need that).

What stock are we using? All of your various stuff? Or just standard IM and FBBC?

Maybe someone from Cali or something could bring a real axle? If not oh well I'm sure your fake one is just as good.

Might be interested, have to see how the scheduling goes

That would be cool!

looks good. i will try to make it of course.

i do have the 1" euro v-bar if you want to use that. :D

Awesome!

Of course I'll be there :D Awesome Aaron I can't wait.

I'm not sure which dates would work better for me yet but I'm flexivle as far as that goes.

Let me know what equipment you need from me (I know you need blobs and I could help fill the gaps with grippers too if you need that).

What stock are we using? All of your various stuff? Or just standard IM and FBBC?

Maybe someone from Cali or something could bring a real axle? If not oh well I'm sure your fake one is just as good.

Cool, Blobs for sure and grippers for the #1 - BBSM range as well would be helpful. Prolly just FBBC stock, and possibly some bolts to fill the gaps, but we will see.Thats true on the axle, just have to see if anyone is coming who has one.

- Aaron

Edited by acorn

Aaron-

Awesome! We need more grip comps on your side of the country.

Thanks! Thats what I was thinking too!

- Aaron

I will do my best to be there, so far Feb. 08 is still open for me.

I will do my best to be there, so far Feb. 08 is still open for me.

Cool, I hope you can make it.

- Aaron

So the date I have in mind at this point is Feb 9th, 2008. As I think I will have to work the last 2 weekends in Feb. Any feedback guys.

- Aaron

Aaron, I'm thinking of putting mine on the same day as yours. Being as our crop of athletes are about a country apart I don't think it will be a problem.

We've got a few of the same events thus far, so could be cool to compare results. What you thinks?

Aaron, I'm thinking of putting mine on the same day as yours. Being as our crop of athletes are about a country apart I don't think it will be a problem.

We've got a few of the same events thus far, so could be cool to compare results. What you thinks?

Sounds fine to me.

- Aaron

Sounds fine to me.

- Aaron

Actually the only issue I see is Tarheel hands of Steel is on Feb 16, so it may limit which athletes would be willing to come to ours. I'm comfortable still with mine on that date since there are not many comps out here in the West.

I would definitely be down to drive down there any saturday to compete. Just keep me posted

Cool

- Aaron

• 3 weeks later...

Ok, I created a site to put info up for the contest and AZ gripsters. Its a little rough still but its up at least. I have a meeting with a local powerlifting Gym owner this weekend to see if we can have it there. If not it will be at my house. Any comments or questions welcome.

www.az-grip.com

- Aaron