Pinched Three Old York 25s Tonight

odin

It's funny how much a difference it makes when all three plates play nicely together. My other plates are different sizes and don't line up well, this was easy in comparison.

Here is the video, "Three Old York 25s pinched to full DL" .

I will put it on YouTube later, because the links within the board seem to go directly to the forum index after a while, it seems.

More details in my workout log.

I also did two 25s with one finger and thumb, two 25s with my last two fingers, and a 40 lb. blob-shaped York with my last two fingers tonight.

Thanks to everyone (I'm sure I'm forgetting many) who has been kind to me, especially to Scott, Anson, Brendan, Burkhard, Jedd, David Horne, Chris and Acorn for your inspiration.

Awesome work :rock

Great job Bob,fast progress. :rock

Well done!

Great Job Bob you have some terrific pinching power!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

You're a Prince of Pinch, Bob!!!

If the rest of your lifts are as strong as your wide pinch - Gripmas is going to be interesting - very interesting! Great work - 3 - 25s are one of the "biggies"!

Thanks everyone, my wife got a good laugh out of:

Guess she'll take a wide berth around me now to avoid my pinches.

If the rest of your lifts are as strong as your wide pinch - Gripmas is going to be interesting - very interesting! Great work - 3 - 25s are one of the "biggies"!

Chris, they aren't. I'm no threat, especially against some of the big-handed "monsters". I can't even budge two 45s yet, so i need practice on different widths and implements. I've just put my attention on doing a few feats and done them, some on the first day I tried them (five 10s and the #2 gripper). Could I do them on your equipment, maybe not, but with practice on it maybe I could? Who knows? It seems that very small differences in texture, humidity, hand and equipment washing or lack thereof can make all the difference for me-which simply means that i don't have enough experience yet to have developed the strength to overpower these feats. Some days i can add weight to the 50 lb. blob, on others the 45 won't budge. If I take the time to wash and dry the 50, more often than not it'll go up.

As you discussed in another thread, that is why contests are so great, everyone is dealing with the same equipment and conditions (within reason) on the same day, and you can see everyone's ability (at least to perform under contest conditions) in person, and also messing around trying different equipment afterwards.

I'm just concentrating on wide pinch now because I find it amusing and get a rush from having to focus so intensely and the strength gained seems to be a good base to build on towards doing other grip feats. Also, it doesn't make sense for my purposes to focus on grippers. bending, wrist work, or supporting grip without building a good wide pinch "base".

Thanks for your compliments, they mean a lot to me-especially from someone with your high standing in the community, but I have a very long way to go. in fact, it is likely that my overall body strength may contribute to stopping me on the DL as much or more than my grip, and I'm not likely to be ready for a good bending performance due to a bad L elbow and almost no experience (ask Scott) :blush, or gripper (best is a #2) performance either.

Maybe I should just listen to you and just take it up a notch, after all, you know a lot more about this stuff than I do, so perhaps I don't really know my true capabilities. I guess that is why people go to contests, you can only do so many things at home before wondering what else is out there-visiting Scott George also helped my confidence and interest in competing.

Edited by odin

Chris, they aren't. I'm no threat, especially against some of the big-handed "monsters". I can't even budge two 45s yet, so i need practice on different widths and implements. I've just put my attention on doing a few feats and done them, some on the first day I tried them (five 10s and the #2 gripper). Could I do them on your equipment, maybe not, but with practice on it maybe I could? Who knows? It seems that very small differences in texture, humidity, hand and equipment washing or lack thereof can make all the difference for me-which simply means that i don't have enough experience yet to have developed the strength to overpower these feats. Some days i can add weight to the 50 lb. blob, on others the 45 won't budge. If I take the time to wash and dry the 50, more often than not it'll go up.

As you discussed in another thread, that is why contests are so great, everyone is dealing with the same equipment and conditions (within reason) on the same day, and you can see everyone's ability (at least to perform under contest conditions) in person, and also messing around trying different equipment afterwards.

I'm just concentrating on wide pinch now because I find it amusing and get a rush from having to focus so intensely and the strength gained seems to be a good base to build on towards doing other grip feats. Also, it doesn't make sense for my purposes to focus on grippers. bending, wrist work, or supporting grip without building a good wide pinch "base".

Thanks for your compliments, they mean a lot to me-especially from someone with your high standing in the community, but I have a very long way to go. in fact, it is likely that my overall body strength may contribute to stopping me on the DL as much or more than my grip, and I'm not likely to be ready for a good bending performance due to a bad L elbow and almost no experience (ask Scott) :blush, or gripper (best is a #2) performance either.

Maybe I should just listen to you and just take it up a notch, after all, you know a lot more about this stuff than I do, so perhaps I don't really know my true capabilities. I guess that is why people go to contests, you can only do so many things at home before wondering what else is out there-visiting Scott George also helped my confidence and interest in competing.

One of the things you and I have in common I think is that our overall body strength is going to hold us back at some point. For me one example is the Axle DL - my hands are as strong as my DL - if I could bring up my overall strength - I believe I could do much better in contests. DO bending is another that I do poorly in due to lack of overall strength. The way I DO bend isn't a grip test anyway. Block and Blob work is great stuff but try and do a bit of everything and be sure to include some levering, I think it's much more valuable than most people think. Don't under estimate yourself - I think you'll surprise yourself at Gripmas with what all you will do.

One of the things you and I have in common I think is that our overall body strength is going to hold us back at some point. For me one example is the Axle DL - my hands are as strong as my DL - if I could bring up my overall strength - I believe I could do much better in contests. DO bending is another that I do poorly in due to lack of overall strength. The way I DO bend isn't a grip test anyway. Block and Blob work is great stuff but try and do a bit of everything and be sure to include some levering, I think it's much more valuable than most people think. Don't under estimate yourself - I think you'll surprise yourself at Gripmas with what all you will do.

Thanks Chris! You can bend the Red Nail and Bastard, your bending must be great.

My wife wants me to gain weight, so maybe I can "bulk up" to 170 or so by Gripmas. I'll have to get some mote tips from Scott or Anson or watch some levering videos; I don't really know how to do it 100% correctly. I think I'll be able to hit the wrist curls & reverse curls in the meantime as long as my elbow holds up; my strength in my extensors is shooting up also.

Thanks again for your kind words. I tend to perform better under pressure/observation in things I'm good at, so hopefully you're correct. At least I should learn a lot and have fun.

For me at least - I found the rotational levering did me the most good but of course what does someone the most good is what addresses that persons weakness - if you're not weak there, then your benefit would be less of course.