10 cent grip strength tester arcade mach.

apdwler

I saw that on e-bay too.  There was also one that took a nickel to test your grip strength.  I considered bidding on one, but the shipping would be outrageous.

Unfortunately, I also lacked the $$. Not to mention I have no where to put one!!

Does anyone know if these devices still exist at carnivals. I can remember a simular, but more expensive grip machine and a bull head device where you squeeze the horns together.

Don't bet your money on those machines, boys!  I actually broke one of those.  IMHO, test your grip on something else.

There is a grip machine at the DuBois, Pa mall which is about 20 minutes from me.  You put a quarter in and squeeze the two posts and then it tells you how much of a stud muffin you are or aren't.  Before I started training grip I couldn't max it out.  About a month into grip training and being able to close my #2, I crushed it easy!

apdwler: it is funny you mention the carnival ones.  Where I grew up in Knoxville Pa, a tiny little dot on SOME maps, there is a local fireman's carnival that comes every year.  I used to ride my bike to it when I was in 8th grade.  They had those bull horns that you squeeze and the bull makes all this noise.  I was easily maxing it out at 14 no problem so I can't see anyone with any kind of strength even stumbling with one.

They also had one of those punching bags that you hit and the wheel spun around to show how hard you punched.  They had that when i was much younger and I was always afraid to try it   ??? !  I just remember my step brother head butting the thing and getting the highest ranking on it-he was a freak!

Rick Walker :hehe

The bull horns machine "el toro" is pretty cool, I recently encountered one and was able to squeeze it past the max until the arrow was against the sid of the machine, I don't think it is that challenging.  However, I've came across plenty of carnival style grip machines, and have been able to max all of them out.  Always fun.