First Post, Recommended Du Assistance Exercises?

AdamTGlass

Hello Everyone

this is my first post, i see i am in the company of some insanely strong people. I bend DU and reverse. I can not get the hand positioning down for the DO, it feels very unnatural when i pull it up for the kink.

I am asking for any Double Under assistance work. I currently do Iso's with a piece of 3/8X6", alternate high volume days and low volume, some leverage work with a IM leverage hammer, and some COC work (but i highly doubt the COC is of major help here) Everything else is kettlebell work and some long bar bending and scrolling. I have hit a wall recently. I bent a IM red nails in March this year, and then took a hard fall during a riot and suffered some damage to my left wrist (i believe it the RJU or something like that) Since i recovered, i have not bent anything over Gr8X6" I am now fully cleared by my health care provider and have no pain or discomfort in the wrist. All recommendations and advice are welcome. Also, i am returning stateside for the first time in 5 years, any recommendations for good steel?

Thanks for your time

Adam Glass :rock

Hello Everyone

this is my first post, i see i am in the company of some insanely strong people. I bend DU and reverse. I can not get the hand positioning down for the DO, it feels very unnatural when i pull it up for the kink.

I am asking for any Double Under assistance work. I currently do Iso's with a piece of 3/8X6", alternate high volume days and low volume, some leverage work with a IM leverage hammer, and some COC work (but i highly doubt the COC is of major help here) Everything else is kettlebell work and some long bar bending and scrolling. I have hit a wall recently. I bent a IM red nails in March this year, and then took a hard fall during a riot and suffered some damage to my left wrist (i believe it the RJU or something like that) Since i recovered, i have not bent anything over Gr8X6" I am now fully cleared by my health care provider and have no pain or discomfort in the wrist. All recommendations and advice are welcome. Also, i am returning stateside for the first time in 5 years, any recommendations for good steel?

Thanks for your time

Adam Glass :rock

I would say for assistance with the DU form:

- levering behind the back

- triceps extensions

- shrugs

- small decline bench press

- iso's on various angles and sizes

I personally also don't bend DO under the chin since it feels unnatural, but it's said that you should get used to it with practice. For me I hold my hands on top of my chest, that's high enough and I get the best leverage IMO.

a G8 with either one of those styles is a pretty decent bend, nice work!