Long Bar Bending Training For 13th Oct

David Horne

Got some pb's today, but boy does this bending train everything, especially my back. Still feel it!

Bent a 44" x 3/4" (20.3mm) in 1 min 15 secs

Bent a 42" x 3/4" (20.3mm) in 1 min 14 secs

Bent a 40" x 3/4" (20.3mm) to about 70 degrees - just couldn't finish it in the time.

I'm now looking forward to this challenge.

David

Great bending David!!! I think he bends them until the tips are 11" apart. I mistakenly thought it was 2.5" apart for the longer bends a short while ago.

Wow!!!! Man that is some spectacular bending my friend. That's over 1mm thicker than our 3/4 inch stuff too which that is what stopped me at 42 inches.

I'm very impressed on that one. I wished I was better at the long bar pulling over the knee style.

Tim

Yeah, I moved a 4 foot 3/4 bar about 10 degrees (maybe) once and I had to put it behind my butt to get it there. This is impressive. Video preview? Hmm?

I'm sure we'll get the comp videod, but I don't video every training session - too busy training!

Ben is correct, the're bent till there is 11" or under between the legs. Actually the first bend was to abour 9" gap.

Stew,

It will be very close. I saw how easy you destroyed that 46" bar. But 40" was tough, a lot more than 42", it mauled my body, but was fun!

Can't wait mate.

David

• 2 weeks later...

Last bending session before Saturday, and it's looking good. I bent a 40" bar x 3/4", and maybe, just maybe one/or both of us can go for 37.25" bar on Saturday.

Fingers crossed.

David

Wow David that is great. I have to ask when you say 3/4 inch do you mean real 3/4 inch or are you bending your 20mm stuff at this length? 3/4 would be incredible but add another millimeter and that's just crazy.

Mats may have some competition here.

Tim

Yeah I think Stew will be there too. I just meant that Mats has some good competition now.

Hat's off to you guys.

Tim

good luck to you both tomorrow, can't wait to see the results! :rock

Yes Tim it's 20mm bars.

And yes Stew will be right there, it will be very close.

David

Wow! That's an incredible bend my friend.

David, I know you don't want to mess up your training but you should really try 3/4 or 20mm square sometime at 4 foot. Supposedly only Big Steve has done that but he's not very reachable anymore to hear any details. I've tried it and on one occasion I could hear the scale crackling the way HRS does when it's about to start giving but that's it. Since you've killed my PR on 3/4 inch (mine's 44 inches btw, and 1mm smaller) you could probably get it and that would be a killer looking bend.

I wished I could send you a piece of my 7/8 inch without having to take out a loan. You might could get it.

One last thing, after you get your initial bend around your knee I presume, where are you going from there?

Tim

Tim,

Cheers!

I may carry this long bar bending on for a while, as I'm only starting back with the grip training, and the long bar bending doesn't effect my bad finger as much.

I will try some 7/8" steel sometime soon then. But first I want to get the new record.

I usually do 3-4 bends around the knee, then finish it by pushing against my stomach.

David

Good luck for the match David.

I'd bet that you'll get the WR.

Don't disappoint me!