Un-braced/braced Horseshoe Bend

cjsta

Great bend, man! The un-braced start is ubber strong!!!!

Goody

That was awesome Chris I have always wanted to see some unbraced horshoe stuff Great Job!!! :mosher:mosher:mosher

Brendan

Super neat! I havn't tried that as I've never had a good supply of ultralites at any given time. I may have to though but you are definately the shoe-meister my friend.

Maybe Mats can reply but I think he's done some unbraced and I think maybe the diamond classic but I'm sure he'll say for sure.

BTW, Mats is that #8 in the shape of a heart yet or did you stop at an "S" :D Anybody who can scratch that monster shoe gets my upmost respect.

Great job.

Tim

WOW very nice bend man!!

GREAT STUFF!

Maybe Mats can reply but I think he's done some unbraced and I think maybe the diamond classic but I'm sure he'll say for sure.

BTW, Mats is that #8 in the shape of a heart yet or did you stop at an "S" :D Anybody who can scratch that monster shoe gets my upmost respect.

Great job.

Tim

Yeah I did the FBBC Diamond DC0 shoe to almost 60 degrees using only wrists.

It was done in a couple of seconds and it didn't even touch my chest, so I was very happy with it!

I held it with both thumbs facing my body, if you know what I mean.

hahaha the draft #6 and #8 will stay "U" shaped for another 10 years I think :D

Mats

Edited by Mats Erik

Great job Chris :rock

Hey Chris, what's the toughest shoe you've bent braced? I'm realizing that sometimes the biggest shoe isn't always the toughest one so what in your opinion comes after the diamond classic in strength?

We ought to all put our heads together along with Chris and come up with a good shoe progression. It's one of the cloudiest areas of bending as far as what's tougher. I know the ultra lite is easiest then the polo then in my opinion the diamond classic. I bent a big Anvil #3 into a heart one time but it was a one time deal so I'm not sure how hard it is. Some shoes simply don't like to be made into a heart because of the short legs even if the initial bend comes realitively easy.

Anybody on here bent a full size St croix #2? I have one and man it's a brick to me. 3/8 inch thick and even the lites are pretty thick (non-rimmed I mean).

What's your thoughts on the progression Chris? Ever try the St croix lites or regulars? I know you could open a shoe store for the most discriminating equine.

Great job again!

Tim

Tim, Chris is the expert for sure and has bent many different brands and thicknesses. Im pretty sure this is the progression for St. Croix as I understand it...

Ultra Lite 0

Ultra Lite 1

Ultra Lite 2

Polo 0

Polo 1

Polo 2

Rim "Lite" 3/8" Thick

Rim 000

Rim 00

Rim 0

Rim 1

Rim 2