Hand Gripper Helper By Ironmind

deathatthegates

The Hand Gripper Helper helps you get stronger by making your gripper a little tougher to close. Slap one on top of or under your favorite Captains of Crush Gripper, adding about 10 kg (22 pounds), and go for it when you're ready to up the ante on a gripper that's gotten a little too easy. Designed specifically for CoC Grippers, our Hand Gripper Helper can be used with other grippers as well, although the fit might not be as good. The miracle of progressive resistance comes to your grippers: it's a crushingly effective way to tax and build your hand strength. Two per package. (Gripper shown not included.)

No. 1387 (.25 lb.) $11.95/pair

Worth it?

I've got two of these. I've never really used them, although I have never trained seriously with grippers until recently. For me, they seem to get in the way of the movement, and they don't recommend using them for high reps.

I prefer my Ivanko for "microloading" (I saw a neat video the other day on UTube where this guy was adding elastic(rubber) bands to his ivanko to create loads between the spring settings. Nice.)

If you're in the States, I'd say have a go, they could help. If in Europe, for me they're not worth the postage.

aXe

They are not worth it. too cumbersome and there are plenty of other techniques to microload grippers out there that work tons better. I have a pair and would prolly give them away if they were worth the postage.

- Aaron

Waste of time!

I gave one of mine away and for the goodwill that imparted, I got his Trainer for nothing when he gave up on grippers! ;)

Think he's coming round to seeing the error of his ways as the grip strength he built, still remains and is finding a renewed interest!

Lesson being, don't give your grippers away! ;) (but if you feel the need to I'll willingly take them off your hands!) ;):D

these are awkward and now a bit pointless i think. I used them to help myself get from the no.1 to the no.2, but now would advise someone just to get a no1.5 instead.

these are awkward and now a bit pointless i think. I used them to help myself get from the no.1 to the no.2, but now would advise someone just to get a no1.5 instead.

Did it helped you to go from #1 to #2 or was it useless?

Did it helped you to go from #1 to #2 or was it useless?

I tried #1 to #2 with and it did help a LITTLE but eventually got a #1.5 when they came out and romped on a whole lot quicker, so I'd say pretty much useless! ;)

Edited by Autolupus

What are some other ways to microload a gripper? I'm currently using a small hose clamp around the spring.

Strap holds for one. When I wrote that about other techniques for microloading grippers I was thinking about gripper style closes not just grippers. so things like the ISG DA, PDA Gripanator, or SW. I've also done OCs with different size blocks between the handles for specific range Isometric work. you could do the hose clamp on the spring thing, but I won't as I think there is too much possibility of bending the spring legs in permanently due to the coils not being able to move freely.

- Aaron

Thanks acorn. Im using the hose clamp on a poor quality hg 200 for the reason you mentioned.

ahh that makes sense. I also forgot to mention the adjustable mount handles for the BBs as a way to microload. They have been very handy for me. Some people might think of modifying them like that as gripper blasphemy I think though.

- Aaron

I like the idea. I was thinking about doing it to my Gm but dont have the access to the right tools. Id never file my BBs though. Thats what my HGs are for.

Its hard to say for me if they were useless or not, to say i used them does that automatically make them useful?

I got to the #2 with no real training, i was taking the #1 into work and messing around with it most days, but as there was no gripper for in between i got this helper tool which i personally found more annoying than anything. I did indeed get to the #2 eventually but i wouldn't put that down to the helpers.

I also dislike those helpers. i ordered them and thought first, there´s something missing to fix this thing on the gripper. then i realized it was all i paied for.wouldn´t recommend anyone buy this.

i also use and prefere the ivanko gripper.the only negative here is the slippy grip but i glued a piece from rubber handshoes on it and now it works.