Kta Vol.2 Blob Question

popeye76

when you do the kta2 with the blob, do you have to dedicate all your training to the blob workout and nothing else, like you have to with the kta/gripper workouts?

when you do the kta2 with the blob, do you have to dedicate all your training to the blob workout and nothing else, like you have to with the kta/gripper workouts?

From what I understood of the program, yes you do.

Apparently (not sure if this info was in the program as well) your Central Nervous System gets a tremendous beating from heavy handwork, so performing any other training might get you over trained too quickly.

I've did a similar training (based loosely on the KTA) for about a week or so, and I improved quite a lot within just one week, but even though my hands didn't bother me, I felt I wouldn't have progressed as much as I did now if I had performed other training during that week.

For example: I was able to hold on to a wooden bar in my attic (approx. 7cm thick) for 2 seconds at max before the week. during the week that improved to 16 seconds, and now 2-3 days after that week I even managed to do pull ups on that bar.

The thumb exercise described in the book had an even bigger progression. I started with 10kg max. The last day I could easily take 21.25kg and probably could have taken more.

I've decided to stop with the "program" because my order from FBBC came in and I wanted to attack those bars with bending, but I'm surely going to give it another shot in a couple of weeks ;)