Lifting The Blob Please Help

redsoxfan15

use whatever you've got. Pinch plates if you've got them. If you find a blockweight for sale and want to continue pinching, then spring for a few. Unless youre very strong, stay away from the 50lb blocks (blob) because its a very hard thing to lift and its not a very good tool to train with until you're at a pretty high level.

get a sledgehammer and strengthen your wrists too. get a gripper or two to work a bit on crushing strength.

stick with it for a few months, take it slow!! - dont overtrain or hurt your hands!!

read the list regularly and there it is.

have fun!

~Steve

use whatever you've got. Pinch plates if you've got them. If you find a blockweight for sale and want to continue pinching, then spring for a few. Unless youre very strong, stay away from the 50lb blocks (blob) because its a very hard thing to lift and its not a very good tool to train with until you're at a pretty high level.

get a sledgehammer and strengthen your wrists too. get a gripper or two to work a bit on crushing strength.

stick with it for a few months, take it slow!! - dont overtrain or hurt your hands!!

read the list regularly and there it is.

have fun!

~Steve

thanks, i do sledge levering and gripper work already. but do you guys think its worth buying the kta program from people who own it.

Build your foundation before you specialize - my two cents.

Build your foundation before you specialize - my two cents.

That is very true. KTA will destroy your hands if you don't have good base.

I have KTA vol 2 as well as the original one for grippers. They are very useful tools when used properly. However without a good base your asking for trouble. I use alot of the knowledge gained from KTA vol 2 in addition other sources to structure my recent pinch training to good effect. But you would never know my training was based off the KTA vol 2 by comparing them. If you have the time and willpower to get some base and really stick with it both of the KTAs can't be beat. If you don't they still can't be beat for the useful knowledge that they contain.

- Aaron

If you want to lift the Blob, get a Blob and work on it. You will get stronger with plates, however the slope on the Blob makes it into a different and much harder lift. Last I knew the Blob50s were being sold again. There are also some lighter Blob weights being sold from time to time.

1. buy a 2" pony clamp and a ton of rubberbands and do 20 or so negatives 5-6 times per week. Try to add one rubberband every workout. This will build a great base, specifically for blob lifting

2. Just buy the 50blob from GordonV and deload it until you can lift it. The couch cushion method works great and is cheap and easy.

3. I agree with the others that you should build a base and that blob kta is great but if you just want to lift the blob and don't care about other aspects, I'd recommend the above.

1. buy a 2" pony clamp and a ton of rubberbands and do 20 or so negatives 5-6 times per week. Try to add one rubberband every workout. This will build a great base, specifically for blob lifting

2. Just buy the 50blob from GordonV and deload it until you can lift it. The couch cushion method works great and is cheap and easy.

3. I agree with the others that you should build a base and that blob kta is great but if you just want to lift the blob and don't care about other aspects, I'd recommend the above.

thanks for the help guys.

Do lots of negatives, 1-finger touches on the thumb side for forced reps and some lifts with your last two fingers.

yea id recommend getting the Blob50 while its still availabel and training with it

thanks odin

You're welcome JS27. Sometimes it's easier to find something you've read before.

I used to use a pillow under the Blob just to see if I was moving it at all, may have to start doing it with those 45-pound plates.

yes thats a great link with the vid to the couch cushion method, its a great idea cant wait to start trying that with the BLOB50 from Gordon V