5/16 Grade 2 Sale

John Beatty

$3 FOR 10 PC. Plus shipping. I have 6" & 5". This will run as long as the Horseshoe sale does.

$3 FOR 10 PC. Plus shipping. I have 6" & 5". This will run as long as the Horseshoe sale does.

John,

do you know what these things rate? Are they easier then a bastard but harder then a 1/4" G5?

If so, then I'm definitely interested for DU and reverse bending ;)

John,

do you know what these things rate? Are they easier then a bastard but harder then a 1/4" G5?

If so, then I'm definitely interested for DU and reverse bending ;)

Mark, I haven't tried John's 5/16" G2s yet but the ones I've tried are a little easier than a G8, probably around 440ish. You can't really compare them to a bastard because of the difference in length. Maybe John can comment on his because there is definitely a variance in brands.

There are a few different brands in this batch I bought, I'm training later today & I'll give them a go & let you guys know. The ones I've had recently I'd rate GR8 or a little tougher.

Edited by John Beatty

hmm... sounds great... last time I've failed on the G8 in both reverse and DU so they might be a good alternative ;)

How many can you ship in a normal shipment?

hmm... sounds great... last time I've failed on the G8 in both reverse and DU so they might be a good alternative ;)

I can probebly get 200+ in a flat rate box for $13 (insurance included)

I can probebly get 200+ in a flat rate box for $13 (insurance included)

I'll just send you a PM ;)

Not sure if I should start a new topic for this, but since it's fitting, I'll just ask away...

I found a 3' piece of 5/16" smooth steel in the basement of my building this afternoon. So, I obviously bent the hell out of it in my grip workout, but...I really have no idea what it is. I bent a 6" piece and a 7" piece. I smoked the 6" DO after an ubber hard DO 60d bend. The 6" piece of this 5/16" was much harder than the 60d, but because of my lack of experience in bending...I have no idea how it stacks up (?). I tried to reverse bend the 7" peice of 5/16" and only got it to about 10 degrees or less. I killed it DO out of frustration.

Thoughts?

Goody

Just bent an FBBC 5/16" G2@ 6", that was in some stock I bought from Pete1006, tried it from straight and couldn't get it started, so pre-kinked it to about 20 deg. and got it from there.

http://www.gripboard.com/index.php?autocom...si&img=6364

I'd say that, these ones atleast, are harder than the 1/4" square.