The Next Show Of Hands Grip Cup

EricMilfeld

It will most likely take place at my house again, sometime in April in Ft. Worth, Texas.

The following three events will definitely be contested:

1) calibrated Euro Pinch

2) calibrated FBBC 2" v-bar - contesting only one hand

3) freestyle (double overhand) bending - all stock 6"

We'll have at least one more event, possibly a medley of some sort or a timed event, but I'm open to other suggestions, as well.

Timed thick handle bodyweight hangs are always fun.
Unless you're really, really fat! :tongue

Jason, it's 24 3/8" tall.

That would be fantastic if ya'll could make it again this year! I know the Hadland duo will be here bending some crazy stuff!

Robert, you are one travelin' grip guy! Sure hope you can make it again.

I think I've decided on the fourth, and probably final event. Taking Anson's suggestion with a twist, we'll contest a hang for time from a 2" bar, but we'll adjust everyone's weight to match the heaviest competitor's. So, for example, if the heaviest guy weighs 200, and you weigh 150, we would strap 50 pounds to your waist. It sounds like a fun event, and should be interesting.

I would like to come to this one next year. We are trying to schedule a vacation trip to see my family in Houston to happen at the same time so we can hit your comp on the way there.

- Aaron

I think I've decided on the fourth, and probably final event. Taking Anson's suggestion with a twist, we'll contest a hang for time from a 2" bar, but we'll adjust everyone's weight to match the heaviest competitor's. So, for example, if the heaviest guy weighs 200, and you weigh 150, we would strap 50 pounds to your waist. It sounds like a fun event, and should be interesting.
A big :D from me Question though, Will the bar be fixed or rotating?Thanks!!!
I would like to come to this one next year. We are trying to schedule a vacation trip to see my family in Houston to happen at the same time so we can hit your comp on the way there. - Aaron
Looking forward to meeting you Aaron!!!

Mike, the bar will rest on top of two vertical 2x4 boards, so it shouldn't rotate once you start hanging.

"Unless you're really, really fat! tongue.gif"

And this should be the incentive no to make yourself obese ;)

Any chance of having DU Bending contested?

For you, Mike, we'll even throw in a little double under. :)

I'm thinking we'll just use the same 6" stocks we're using for the freestyle. Cool?