Grip Contest Question

paul valpreda

I would love to start participating in grip competitions and was wondering if any of you could help me with contest location information. Right now I'd like to compete as close to home as possible (I live in Salt Lake City, UT). I can get to places like California, Nevada, Colorado, Arizona, etc. fairly easily, so these places would be great if any events are scheduled in this general area. I'd be even willing to go a bit farther as well. I was hoping someone might know of grip contests fairly close to my region so that I can begin planning, preparing and competing. Any help from anyone with information would be greatly appreciated.

I would love to start participating in grip competitions and was wondering if any of you could help me with contest location information. Right now I'd like to compete as close to home as possible (I live in Salt Lake City, UT). I can get to places like California, Nevada, Colorado, Arizona, etc. fairly easily, so these places would be great if any events are scheduled in this general area. I'd be even willing to go a bit farther as well. I was hoping someone might know of grip contests fairly close to my region so that I can begin planning, preparing and competing. Any help from anyone with information would be greatly appreciated.

Uh............................ Ohio. Darn country is just too big. The California boys are probably your best bet.

There is a possibility I will be putting on a contest down here in Tucson early next year. If I can find a decent place to have it anyway.

- Aaron

Tucson would be sweet! I'm originally from Prescott/Phoenix and it would be great to visit home AND participate in a grip contest.

climber511, when is the Ohio grip contest? At this point, I'm considering a lot of locations.

There is a possibility I will be putting on a contest down here in Tucson early next year. If I can find a decent place to have it anyway.

- Aaron

REALLY?? YESSSSS!!!! I was wondering about this, where would we have it though? Would we need a space bigger than your or my backyard?

Sorry for the hijack, the closest comp to you is the 2 California comps in June (grip decathalon) and the upcoming one in November (Iron Grip). Other than that there's none too close to you, just places like Ohio, Michigan, Illinois, Massachussetts, etc.

There is the Show of Hands Grip Cup, usually the 1st part of April in Ft Worth TX

I've been to the 2 in Calif. and the Show of Hands in Texas had a great time

at all 3 would like to see a bending contest in Calif. I'm going to the BBB3 next month

Also would like to see a contest in Tucson a little closer to home for a contest