Power Hooks

MARKR

I have a pair Mark and they're definately strong enough to hold bench press types of weights. They work pretty good, but took some getting used to. I hung a bar in the power hooks then hung the hooks off the bar. My problem was the only DB handles I had were pretty long and the unracking and racking was a little awkward at first. I also found I was unable to work to the same fatigue level of each set as you have to save a bit to hook the DB's back on the bar. I'd imagine they'd work great for solving your cleaning issue as you wouldn't have the racking issue.

Edited by maidenfan

Why don't you make a couple of those yourself?

It's only a piece of bent steel, shouldn't be too hard. You can actually get a decent workout from bending it yourself ;)

But I can imagine they are useful, I have been thinking about making them as well...

Edited by White Scorpion

I have a pair Mark and they're definately strong enough to hold bench press types of weights. They work pretty good, but took some getting used to. I hung a bar in the power hooks then hung the hooks off the bar. My problem was the only DB handles I had were pretty long and the unracking and racking was a little awkward at first. I also found I was unable to work to the same fatigue level of each set as you have to save a bit to hook the DB's back on the bar. I'd imagine they'd work great for solving your cleaning issue as you wouldn't have the racking issue.

Thanks for the info Morgan

Can you fit 2" thick dumbbell bars in yours as thats what i wanted to use them for

Mark

Hmmm, actually Mark, I think I bought a set of new handles when I got mine because I dont think they made them yet for 2" DB's - I'm pretty sure they do now though.

Hmmm, actually Mark, I think I bought a set of new handles when I got mine because I dont think they made them yet for 2" DB's - I'm pretty sure they do now though.

Thanks Morgan

I will check that before i buy them

Mark

I have a pair of power hooks and like them for when the weight gets too heavy to clean from the floor. My son does not like them however and finds them awkward and distracting to use. they are cheaper now than they used to be, and the design has improved.

I have a pair of power hooks and like them for when the weight gets too heavy to clean from the floor. My son does not like them however and finds them awkward and distracting to use. they are cheaper now than they used to be, and the design has improved.

Thanks, I was concerned they might be abit off putting on the overhead lifts i suppose the only way to find out is to give them a try.The ones i get will most likely be the new design I hope

Mark

I like the idea but when put into use they can be akward.

Doing DB bench if you are to close to the bar they are hooked on you end up hitting the bar with the hooks when locking out.

So you have to move your body a little foward, then the unracking and racking can be a challenge when useing heavy weights.

There not to bad with moderate weights though.

Ive just used the power hooks today.They dont work at all for me on standing press, unhooking them is not too bad but re hooking them aftering pressing is very difficult, il give it another go however.

They worked well for floor press which i was pleased about, obviously if you get stuck without a spotter your in trouble :laugh