Total height measurements

apdwler

Tom Black had a post about measuring strength of grippers awhile back. He also has an article on his website here http://www.bigsteel.iwarp.com/Articles2/WAMA/Gripper.htm

I have measured some of my grippers, but I still need to send Tom the values. I misplaced them and can’t find my ruler. Anyway, I noticed that my 3 measured 129mm. Some 3s are measuring 130mm. I have two 2s that are 1mm apart. In closing pressure, that is a lot.

I had planed on ordering a new 2 and 3 latter this year; however this news expedited my plans. I received a new double stamped 2 and 3. The 3 measured 130. During my first workout, I noticed a huge difference. I’m a ¼ inch from closing it! I actually get closer on it than my old silver spring 2! I think the spring is a bit tougher than the ss 2s, but it’s not as wide and the kurdling is much better.

Anyway, you might want to measure your grippers. One mm makes a huge difference!